PTZ Protocol for Amcrest PTZ cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mochanic

PTZ Protocol for Amcrest PTZ cameras

Post by Mochanic »

Can someone tell me which protocol the PTZ Amcrest cameras use? I have 2 PTZ's and neither work (cannot move cameras, but everything else works) through the NVR or Amcrest Surveillance software, but connecting one directly to the network and log in through the IP address the ptz functions fine, so I must have something wrong in the NVR settings. It used to work fine, but something happened and they both stopped working at the same time.

(The IP4M-1053E that I have is 22ft off the ground mounted to a soffit, so I cannot easily get to it to test it or do a reset. The other ptz camera is an indoor wireless camera so it was easy to mess with.)
Attachments
20220206_151718.jpg
20220206_151718.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1718 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PTZ Protocol for Amcrest PTX cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry not sure what machine your trying to connect your Cameras up with. However it is hard to understand why it isn't working when you setup the camera to the Recorder. Is it an Amcrest recorder? I mean all of mine will auto pull in the Devices PTZ config from the device. I will admit that if I happen to pull in a PTZ camera from a different DVR/NVR I will need to reboot my machine for the camera to work from the new recorders PTZ commands.

So then info about your camera it self, I would double check what your camera is working on at the camera level to be sure 100% however if I had to guess it would be something like DH-SD1 or DH-SD3..

You would want to log into your Cameras WebUI at the cameras-ip address log in using your user and password, then click Setup in top right are of the viewing page, then click PTZ and there should be something that says Function. Clicking that it should say what it is setup for at the camera level. Then you will want to find that in your DVR/NVR..

All the ones you have listed in your photo would be the normal Analog type PTZ cameras that normally would be connected with a RS-485 connection.
Be Safe.
Mochanic

Re: PTZ Protocol for Amcrest PTZ cameras

Post by Mochanic »

As I stated in the original post, the PTZ works fine when I connect through a browser, It does not work when going through the Amcrest NVR. The PTZ functions on 2 different cameras stopped working at the same time, but I forgot what was happening at the time. I may have messed up the settings myself.
There's way to many protocols to sit there and try each one to figure out what I should be using.

All of my cameras are POE+ on Cat6. There is no info within the camera settings that state what the PTZ protocol is.

I just need someone with an Amcrest system (NVR and PTZ cameras) to tell me what the stock protocol is for AMCREST PTZ's.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your best bet is Remove the Camera from your NVR (I looked on all my NVR's can't find one that has PTZ under camera on the GUI or NVR's WebUI) as I said all of mine Pull in the Cameras setting from the camera.. Anyway after removing your camera, I would then reboot your DVR/NVR, Log back in as you normally would and add your camera back either clicking the Channel you wanted it loaded in clicking the + or under camera remote device, top pane search for cameras, then click the one you want to add that comes up, If the password is the same as your NVR then your camera should come online without any other input. However if password is different then in the bottom window area of the Remote devices, click on the Pencil for the added camera and put in the right user and password for the camera. (Once you do this it should pull the cameras PTZ info from camera.. That is the best way..

Swore at least one of my NVR's had that page in your picture however looking at all mine even a much older one with last FW added from 2013 didn't have the PTZ settings page.. Sorry I wasn't any help..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought if you really didn't want to look in your WebUI as I said in my first post, You can run a CGI command from your web browser and it will tell you what it is setup for type http: and the 2 // before or it won't work like your going to a website.. 10.0.0.66/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Ptz just change the IP address for your cameras ip and it should give something that looks like this after entering the user and password for the camera in the box that comes up

table.Ptz[0].Address=1
table.Ptz[0].Attribute[0]=38400
table.Ptz[0].Attribute[1]=8
table.Ptz[0].Attribute[2]=None
table.Ptz[0].Attribute[3]=1
table.Ptz[0].ControlDelayTime=10
table.Ptz[0].ControlPriority=Net
table.Ptz[0].Homing[0]=-1
table.Ptz[0].Homing[1]=30
table.Ptz[0].NumberInMatrixs=0
table.Ptz[0].ProtocolName=DH-SD1

also same as above if you enter this after the ip address it will tell you all the protocols that it supports as well
/cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=getProtocolList&channel=0

and it would look like this

result=DH-SD1,DH-SD3
Be Safe.
Mochanic

Post by Mochanic »

Finally fixed it, decided to just do a factory reset. First I saved the config and exported to USB stick. Went through setup again and looked at PTZ settings to find out what was wrong, then reloaded original config and went back into PTZ settings and fixed what was wrong. Works perfect again and now I have a complete config backup incase I ever have stupid issues like that again!