PTZ commands to ASH21 camera?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bruce40844

PTZ commands to ASH21 camera?

Post by bruce40844 »

Is there any way to send PTZ commands to the ASH21 (V2) camera other than using the smartphone app? I am using a third party network DVR program and would like to be able to configure a PTZ port just like I can for the IP2M-841 cameras. I am accessing the video stream through port 554 using RTSP. Running the linux tool 'nmap' from the command line, I find that only ports 80, 554 and 8086 are open on my ASH21. I tried sending IP2M-841 PTZ commands to ports 80 and 8086, but nothing happens. Any advice appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PTZ commands to ASH21 camera?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

To be honest Amcrest Surveillance Pro would be the best bet for View, Record and PTZ access..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
abigdeel

Post by abigdeel »

Any luck with this?

I'm trying to figure out PTZ control as well but it's proving to be difficult. The issue seems to be that new firmware and new devices only support digest authentication, so you can't use the HTTP API commands you might across either. And I think third-party DVR software basically uses those commands in the background so they're likely not working either.

I haven't had any luck yet either, not a whole lot of discussion on the matter out there and no successes that I've seen.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You could try using curl for digest authentication.
https://everything.curl.dev/http/auth
I do not know if API command for pan/tilt will work on ASH21.
I do believe that ONVIF command for pan/tilt will work.  ONVIER android app does work for ASH21 pan/tilt, and it only uses ONVIF commands. 
onvif.org