Ptz bad power cord to camera connection - rebooting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
CJing

Ptz bad power cord to camera connection - rebooting

Post by CJing »

Hello. We have 7 amcrest cameras. 4 indoor ptz ip3m 941 and are pretty happy with them. We wanted to get another and tried to order from amazon. The camera power cord didn’t connect to the camera very well. Any time the cord was touched or camera moved the camera would reboot like it lost power and was restarted. We returned it to amazon and ordered the ip2m 841. But it had the same problem. We never had this issue on any of our other amcrests. Our older ones we had ordered a few years ago. Is it possible there is a bad batch with a bad connector from
The power cord to the camera ? Or possibly the newer power cords. We didn’t think to try and test the older power cords with the new cameras before sending them back. But we have since placed an order for the 941 from Walmart hoping maybe they have a better batch. Anyone else have this issue or any information ? Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Ptz bad power cord to camera connection - rebooting

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, Sorry to hear about your cameras that you ordered. I hope that the new one from Walmart was better for you. About the Cord could it be that the sellers you were buying from were not real Amcrest sellers and might have put in a Cord that wasn't the right one? I mean that is only way I could think that 2 would have the same issue.
Be Safe.
cmdrcrank

Post by cmdrcrank »

I have two IP2M-841W cameras with the same problem. I just received my second one today from Amazon. It came with a USB +5v DC adapter and cord for the new camera. The older one has an Amcrest branded PSU. I tried new camera with old PSU, and it resets at least once every 20-30 minutes. I then switched out the PSUs and used the one that arrived in the sealed Amcrest box that came with the new camera, but it has the same issue.

The only common factor is that they use the same WiFi credentials and are plugged into the same wall outlet.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I would try switching out the Power Plug before calling it another bad camera. It seems like you may have thought about that seeing you mention it is in the Same Wall Outlet. Just an Idea.
Be Safe.