Problem setting phone notifications ONLY..please help!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
shaolin95

Problem setting phone notifications ONLY..please help!

Post by shaolin95 »

Honestly, this software is proving frustrating and I am a software upgrade engineer and have been using computers since the C64 days!

All I need it to do is send me EMAILS and Push Notifications ONLY when I set it up to motion detect on the phone app. I dont want anything scheduled etc but right now, I keep getting emails when I get home after I disable the option in my phone.
I tried disabling options in the gui from my computer but then that makes the phone push options ALSO stop working.

Lame as it is I ended up turning it to the wall when I dont want to use it..hardly an elegant solution.

Help please.
Justin_144

Re: Problem setting phone notifications ONLY..please help!

Post by Justin_144 »

Yep, the software is frustrating, along with the tech support. They are responsive, but never seem to understand the issues I have. You will also find that the motion detection sucks on these systems. Always getting false alarms, yet it doesn't pick up motion.

I am still trying to understand the problem you're explaining though. I think, what you are wanting to do is only receive notifications during a certain time period (when you're not home)? In that case, you actually do need to set the schedule for the period that you want the motion detection active.
shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Actually all I need is the motion detection option from the phone app without creating any schedules because we are home and out at different times depending on each week so a schedule is not going to work.
So all I want is to go on my phone, turn on the Motion detection notification and thats it. Then I get notifications. Then when I get home, I turn it off from my phone.
Should be extremely simple.

As far as motion detection, at least mine has no false alarms, always picks me up when I am even near so that part I like.
Justin_144

Post by Justin_144 »

Ah okay. So it's not a simple, one click type thing, but you would need to go to Device Manager, click on your camera, then the computer icon, Motion Detect, and then enable/disable it. You can submit a feature request to Amcrest to maybe make that setting more easily accessible. Are you using your camera indoors or out? It's only my outdoors cameras that give false positives.
jmleteck

Post by jmleteck »

wow,i didn t know all these setting on the phone apps, tanks.
jmleteck IP2M-841
shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Yes I am familiar with the process on my phone and already requested this as its ridiculous to require so many steps. They should even create a simple widget for it.
But my issue is that I CANNOT get the motion detection push notification on my phone to work UNLESS I also allow the scheduling one to work which is annoying because then I get emails sent to me even when my phone is set to disable.
Oh and got my first false alarm today as well.
Seriously considering sending this back but seems that they all have flaws :/
Justin_144

Post by Justin_144 »

Yah, I would suggest just setting the schedule so that motion detection is on 24/7, and then just enable the setting when you leave the house. Out of curiosity, why do you have it send an email AND and push notification when it detected motion? I just have mine to only send a push notification.

Here's another option you might consider. There is this product call a Wink hub that Home Depot sells for $50. It's a home automation controller that you can buy different types of sensors for. They make a motion detection sensor which you can set to be active whenever you leave the house. Maybe just use that to detect motion and then just turn the detection off on your camera.
shaolin95

Post by shaolin95 »

Never heard of Wink before. I will look into it. Thanks!

I use email and push because some times at work I get spotty reception depending on what part of the building I am but I am always with my laptop computer so I will at least get the email if the notification does not come through my phone. :)