Preset Issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cabinrob

Preset Issues

Post by cabinrob »

In case anyone at Amcrest is watching this forum for feature requests.... here goes....
The Preset feature for the IP2M-841 could be much improved.
1. Having Presets identified only by a number is useless. It means one needs to keep a separate table of what number corresponds to what position.
Each Preset position should have the ability to be labeled with text. (The way FOSCAM does things would be great.)
2. As with item #1, if one creates a "Tour," then one should also be able to add a meaningful label to this also. Just a number is not useful. There does not seem to be the ability to see what presets are included in a tour, or the ability to edit the tour. Not good.
3. There needs to be a Setup menu item where one can pick what the camera position will be on startup/reboot. At the moment, it seems to me that the camera will return to the last position it was at just before startup/re-boot. It would be great to have the ability to specify the starup position (like FOSCAM does!)

Thanks,

cabinrob
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Preset Issues

Post by Melvin »

Hello cabinrob,
Thank you for taking your time to write this feed back. We will surely have our R&D team look into this for future inclusion.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

bjp

Post by bjp »

FWIW I agree with all of these comments/feature requests!
Famkraus38

Post by Famkraus38 »

I would also like to add that a specific preset can be established as the default preset so that upon restart, the cam automatically loads the default preset and moves to that configuration.

With this in mind, I'd like to add an enhancement feature to the alarm trigger such that once the alarm is triggered and the cam moves to the preset defined in the alarm, once the alarm condition is cleared, the cam goes to the default preset. That would allow you to setup an alarm preset that zooms in to a door that has just been opened and triggers a magnetic door switch, the cam records the video event and then returns back to the default view once the door closes and the magnetic switch resets.
skhann2

Post by skhann2 »

How do you set a preset view? The buttons 'Add' and 'Delete' don't work in the web view application. Help please!
cabinrob

Post by cabinrob »

The buttons do work - but it is very non-intuitive.
Point your camera.
Type in a preset number and push Add
Point your camera in another direction.
Pick another preset number and push Add.
Now pick the first preset number that you picked and push Goto. The camera with Pan/Tilt to the first preset.
This is the basic theory - but is very very user unfriendly. You have no idea which presets are set and no way to know where they point.
You will need to write out a table that gives you a clue to what you have set up.
Now, if you want to make a Tour out of the presets - the interface is even worse, but works in a similar manner.
For such a feature-rich camera, I just don't understand how Amcrest could have done such a poor job with the Preset/Tour interface.
Thanks for your post - at least the R&D guys will know that there is more than just a couple of people who are frustrated by this!
Truckster

Post by Truckster »

I had the same issues with figuring out the preset function. I wanted to give them actual labels.
kwinger1

Post by kwinger1 »

How do you get to your presets that are setup on amcrestview.com via the iOS amcrest view lite app?
I click the ptz symbol, then the flag... but after that can not get the presets inputs (I assume that is what they are) to work.

Frustrating...
No manual.
skarabe

Post by skarabe »

kwinger1 wrote:How do you get to your presets that are setup on amcrestview.com via the iOS amcrest view lite app?
I click the ptz symbol, then the flag... but after that can not get the presets inputs (I assume that is what they are) to work.

Frustrating...
No manual.
Same problem here. Please let me know if you find a solution!
skarabe

Post by skarabe »

kwinger1 wrote:How do you get to your presets that are setup on amcrestview.com via the iOS amcrest view lite app?

Frustrating...
No manual.
I figured it out!
The presets are working, but the interface is so badly designed I just found out how it works by accident. The 0 0 0 ѵ are not three preset positions - they are three scroll wheels. So, you have 999 theoretically presets to play with. If you have preset 1 set up, turn the rightmost wheel to 1 (0 0 1 ѵ) and click the green ѵ - Voilà!