Possible to record to SD & FTP simultaneously

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
security

Possible to record to SD & FTP simultaneously

Post by security »

I've submitted a request to Amcrest support about my new IP2M-841, and, while they've sent me a link to the general instructions for setting up FTP, they have not answered my specific questions. So I'll ask here.

Is it possible to...
  • Record to FTP and SD card at the same time. I've configured FTP successfully but I am unable to select multiple destinations for video.
  • Schedule a backup to FTP for files recorded to the SD card.
  • Transfer SD card files to my computer without having to remove the card (via FTP or otherwise)
Ulimately, I want to use SD card playback of motion detection files via the web browser admin interface while also backing all files up to FTP. Sadly, it seems this may not be possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!
emarti20

Re: Possible to record to SD & FTP simultaneously

Post by emarti20 »

From what I can tell with playing with my new camera today the answer to all three points is no. No simultaneous record, no backup of card, and no way to access the card remotely from another computer to backup the card. I hope I'm wrong, because I'm trying to do the exact same thing. I'd prefer a card in the camera for app viewing and a large backup on the computer.
security

Post by security »

Thanks, emarti20. Sounds like we're trying to do the same thing, but I'm not optimistic.
emarti20 wrote: I'd prefer a card in the camera for app viewing and a large backup on the computer.
Failing that, would like to at least be able to pull files off SD for long term storage. Is that possible?

Any support folks from Amcrest here that could weigh in?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello security ,

Yes it is possible to download the files from SD card through the web interface of the camera from PC. For this you need to go to play back and then select the recording to download.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

security

Post by security »

Thanks, Melvin. Is it possible to download files in bulk instead of individually?

Also, can you address these questions?

Is it possible to record to FTP and SD card at the same time. I've configured FTP successfully but I am unable to select multiple destinations for video?

Is it possible to record to schedule a backup to FTP for files recorded to the SD card?

Thanks!
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello security ,

I believe its possible to download a section of the video through the cut and download option indicated by scissors in the play back window.

And it cannot do simultaneous recording to FTP and SD card. Back up to FTP is also not available.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us