Possible to have schedule for notifications?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
roadfun

Possible to have schedule for notifications?

Post by roadfun »

Is it possible to have motion event recording set for all day but to only receive motion notifications (email from camera) only part of the time (e.g. notifications only after work hours)? I can't seem to find how to do this. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Possible to have schedule for notifications?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Well sadly I don't know of a way to do this so I just normally keep mine off unless I need some back up of images in Emails. There is an area on the forum that you can ask for Features and Device request. I personally can't say what happens at that level.

There is the ability to push to your cell phone, In the push area of phones there is normally an area that someone can setup a schedule of when they want to get alerts on the phone and this might have what you want without having Amcrest make FW updates. Also could help for other or your self if the device is no longer getting updates push would be best way to cure email to late issues. Different phones might have different ways but on mine the best thing I have found is setting my phone in Bedtime mode. This lets me mute all alerts *In my case* 2am to 9am So while it don't stop the flow of emails if you will or Push to the Amcrest app, it does not alert me that I have one. Then at 9am I get kind of a wake up call when my phone goes off like crazy for all the alerts that was missed. It is not really that bad but kind of like when you have your phone on wifi with no connection and no alerts are coming in then as soon as wifi is back the phone goes off for 10 or 20 seconds lol..

But yeah being able to have a Schedule for emails would be kind of cool. Let the Motion keep going just no emails until day time when IR isn't causing unwanted alerts. Maybe it was easier to just make a SMD camera that only alerts with true person or car (Not 100% true) as it was snowing last night and I got 5 alerts of a Human in my back yard and there was nothing but snow. However in contrast a non SMD camera has 7pm to 845am non stop motion alerts all night caused by the snow and IR.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe