Playback from FTP server

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Bulmers

Playback from FTP server

Post by Bulmers »

I have a IP2M-841B and just set it up to dump video to my FTP server. When I use the web GUI to try to play back the video there's a drop down menu to select the video source, but the only option is SD card. What's the best way to play back the videos that have been pushed to my FTP server?
scottj4

Re: Playback from FTP server

Post by scottj4 »

You could try and use the Smart Player.

https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ar ... deo-Files-
Attachments
ScreenHunter_1318 Oct. 06 16.43.jpg
ScreenHunter_1318 Oct. 06 16.43.jpg (11.71 KiB) Viewed 6630 times
Zach

Post by Zach »

Hello,

The best way to play these videos is to download the files from your FTP server then play them with the Smart Player that scottj4 mentioned. There is no way to stream them through the camera.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

camuser9000

Post by camuser9000 »

This is unacceptable and unreasonable. Having the only format you can store the files in be some useless proprietary ".dav" format is absolutely unacceptable. I am not going to use some tacky crappy proprietary player to view the files. I demand a standards-compliant (MKV/MP4/AVI) video stream which I can use in any player on my PC to view the files.

I understand why the .dav format is necessary to record and view captured video with events (motion capture) and for random seeking and whatnot but all I want is 24/7 "always-on" video recording to FTP in MKV/MP4/AVI format. I do not want to use motion detection, or any of the built-in DVR features. I just want a "dumb" wireless camera that continuously records via FTP or SAMBA share to a folder.
PeZzy

Post by PeZzy »

Bulmers wrote:I have a IP2M-841B and just set it up to dump video to my FTP server. When I use the web GUI to try to play back the video there's a drop down menu to select the video source, but the only option is SD card. What's the best way to play back the videos that have been pushed to my FTP server?
Have you tried making the root folder of the FTP server as a Windows shared folder (SMB)?
kirisu

Post by kirisu »

Anyone find a good solution to this for mac?
junior466

Post by junior466 »

kirisu wrote:Anyone find a good solution to this for mac?
Sorry to revive this but I am too looking for a solution.
julisjulis

Post by julisjulis »

i guess that is why they sell the NVR or DVR.

Im using a WDMYCLOUD disk to save my files, an easy way to check a specific time is to check from WDMYCLOUD app, then you can check the folders that are created by the amcrest app, and from there you can select aspecific time of the day on the files, and you can use your favorite video app to play your videos. .... copying the files to my pc to be able to see them from the amcrest player... humm too much work.
julisjulis

Post by julisjulis »

julisjulis wrote:i guess that is why they sell the NVR or DVR.

Im using a WDMYCLOUD disk to save my files, an easy way to check a specific time is to check from WDMYCLOUD app, then you can check the folders that are created by the amcrest app, and from there you can select aspecific time of the day on the files, and you can use your favorite video app to play your videos. .... copying the files to my pc to be able to see them from the amcrest player... humm too much work.
Ok, solution to see your videos, check your videos from your WDMYCLOUD mobile app, if you have your cameras time setup correctly is going to be easy to find the video of a specific time and day.
GeekDrop.com

Post by GeekDrop.com »

WOW! Here it is, 2 years later since the original post, and nothing has been done by Amcrest to get this working properly?

I just bought an Amcrest cam, fought with it to get it sending via FTP to an Apple Airport just right, and now ... I can't even watch the files it saves via it's own web panel. How bizarre is THAT? Why even have a drop-down that lets you supposedly select something other than the SDCard? :evil: