Playback - Deathly SLOWWWWWW!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
klbj1961

Playback - Deathly SLOWWWWWW!

Post by klbj1961 »

Have NVR-4108E, 2 TB video drive, 4 Amcrest HD POE 1080P cameras.

When trying to playback recorded video, the playback speed is sooooooo slow, About 1 frame every 10 seconds.

I've tried un-syncing all channels and only playing back 1 channel at a time. - same issue. live preview is fine, it's just the playback that is sooooo slow. My internet connection on both ends is high speed.

Any ideas?
padre2

Re: Playback - Deathly SLOWWWWWW!

Post by padre2 »

I have the same thing on my QCAM NVR on occasion, and a system reboot solves it for me.
julisjulis

Post by julisjulis »

Looks like amcrest support doesnt exist,

I also have this issue, i dont really understand why it laggs, when im connected to the same wifi network, it should be fast as i do have a great router, it feels like the playback happens over the internet, and not over an internal network, i havent even tried to connect on an external network and try to playback something.
peterg

Post by peterg »

Video playback is slow, almost unusable if I try to play from outside of my wifi network. The playback probably depends on my Internet upload speed which is not very fast. Maybe 4mb.
If amcrest say you I can playback in the app, I should be able to playback without any problems.
It's like a third grade product.

I am disappointed by Amcrest. They say you can view live, playback, motion detect but the product is not made very well. I am surprised. Don't they test their products before selling?

Live view works but there are issues sometimes I have to force close the iPhone app and reopen to see the live view.
Motion detection is not good. The camera will detect any pixel change as motion. Especially at night. Rain or snow will trigger motion detection. I would get many annoying motion detections which is useless.
WilliamA

Post by WilliamA »

This could be related to a recent firmware update that is slowing down and freezing playback.
jjrojoc

Post by jjrojoc »

Obviously, amcrest is not recording in the more effective way.
I have 5 ip2-841b and the final solution for now it's record from raspberry using ffmpeg and streaming files in nginx web server, actually recording in hls way.
I have 2 yi-dome 1080 cameras and the software is highly effective and responsible.

Edit: the problem is amcrest is recording normal mp4, so it need download entire file before played.
You need muxing mp4 files for move data to init file part, and payback start very fast.
Or make it on the fly with JavaScript in a web server (I'm looking for it).
Or like me use ffmpeg hls muxer.
thegaryw

Post by thegaryw »

I have 5 IPM wifi cameras and one has recently experienced the slow replay. Since the others do just fine on the same network I doubt it is bandwidth. The very slow (like 1 second takes 10 seconds) playback happens while viewing via desktop as well as Android. I've reset the affected camera to no avail. Firmware is current. But, what did work for me is to change the recording from Main to Secondary. Now, recorded events playback at normal, or near normal, speed. The trade-off is a poor image quality but at least I don't have to wait 50 seconds to finally see what triggered an event. Oh, and bumping the playback speed to a higher rate had zero impact. Recorded file sizes are larger than the other cameras so perhaps there is a software glitch that just records more data. Finally, when viewing live streaming at the higher Main settings it displays just fine. Very baffling to me. If anyone (Amcrest, you reading this?) has a solution rather than my workaround I'd love to hear it. Is there a setting that tweaks the recording speed?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello thegaryw,

The live on the smartphone is using the substream of the NVR so it has smooth video. If its recording at the highest resolution it could case a bandwidth issue. Other than recording in substream you can try lowering the resolution from 5MP to 1080P etc and that will help.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

sD7a5

Post by sD7a5 »

Agreed with Melvin. Either cut the image quality, or use the substream.
I personally cut back the quality of the substream and use it primarily for reviewing or liveviewing content. If something bothersome happens, I can always go and download the section of video that I am interested in. It's a hassle, but mainly a limitation of bandwidth. Do all this over wifi it's only going to be worse. Do it over cellular and its going be worse worse (yes, many times worse)
Rik

Post by Rik »

I figured it out I think. The NV4108 was not enabled to record the substream- which in the NVR is called "extra" I do believe. D'OH! why not the same name? or is it really different?

Can the option be added to the playback menu as in "SD or HD" like in the live view in the Amcrest Live View Pro?

Thanks