PC-NVR records on all camera's when motion is detected on one

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bmeeng

PC-NVR records on all camera's when motion is detected on one

Post by bmeeng »

I have 3 IP3M-954EB cameras connected to my home network via a POE switch. I'm using Surveillance Pro with PC-NVR to record to my computer. Whenever motion is detected on 1 camera the software will record on all 3 cameras connected. Therefore I'll have an event on all 3 cameras and I will have to view all 3 to determine which one actually had motion. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: PC-NVR records on all camera's when motion is detected on one

Post by Melvin »

Hello bmeeng ,

In Surveillance Pro, under Event > Video detect > Record channel. Make sure that only correct channel is checked here for recording.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

bmeeng

Post by bmeeng »

All my cameras are broadcasting on channel 1. Is there a way to change this? I can't find any settings to do so.
Gstevenson

Post by Gstevenson »

I'm in the same boat with this issue. Motion detect on one and all cameras record, forcing me to look through each recording. Can't seem to find where to modify the Channel either- mine are all on Channel 1.
DaddyPhatSaks

Post by DaddyPhatSaks »

Same here, anyone find a response to this issue?
ChiefIlliniwek5

Post by ChiefIlliniwek5 »

I did find a way to change the video channel for motion detect, but I'm not sure if it has made any difference. If you are in "Live View" on the Surveillance Pro program and right click on one of your cameras, one of the options that appears is "Channel Cfg". Here is where it gets kinda confusing. The "Device Cfg" menu will appear. Note that NONE of your cameras should be highlighted on the left side of the screen, but you can still select some of the menu items such as "Video Detect". If you click on that, a window will open with recording configurations which includes motion detect. When you are in that menu you will see you have the ability to change the channel number. Note at this moment that on the top of this configuration window it will say the name of the single camera you originally right-clicked on in the Live View page. This leads me to believe that it is changing the channel of this individual camera when you make a change on this page.

NOW.....here's where it gets really confusing. If you close out of that Video Detect configuration window you were just in, but this time click on the camera name on the left-hand side that you were wanting to change the channel number for, a more expansive list of settings items will appear including the same "Video Detect" item. But, this time when you click on that and go to the motion detect menu, their is only one channel number possible (#1).

Even after I have changed it so that my cameras are on different channel numbers using the method I described in the first instructional paragraph, both of my cameras still record at the same time 98% of the time. On some rare occasions, one camera will record when the other doesn't.....but that is very rare.
ave13co

Post by ave13co »

Anyone ever get an answer on this? I really don't know what surveillance pro is but my system just started doing this recording on all cameras when is motion activated. I have a model AMDV960H4. The software is probably old as this system has been fine for the last 18 months. Recently moved a camera and changed some settings and now it is recording on all channels at the same time. I can't help but think there is some way to fix this since it wasn't doing this until I changed settings. Any help will be appreciated.
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

Did anyone ever find a way to change the channel number for cameras?