P2P, mails, push notifications stopped after changing router

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
benoitd

P2P, mails, push notifications stopped after changing router

Post by benoitd »

Hello

After switching internet provider (from Bell/Virgin Mobile to Videotron) one of my 2 Amcrest cameras stopped working properly : no P2P service, mails, nor push notifications
The other camera is working fine, both have up to date firmwares and use the same router and configuration.
benoitd

Re: P2P, mails, push notifications stopped after changing router

Post by benoitd »

UPDATE: there seems to be a display and/or save issue in the camera. I check the router logs and noticed that the "bad" camera was using the old gateway (192.168.2.1) instead of the new one (192.168.0.1) even if i changed if with the internet browser settup. Consequence is that camera can't reach internet (only private network).
Another weird thing, this old gateway address could be displayed when using the Amcrest software. Sadly changing it in the software did not work either as while checking into the log, gateway is still the old one.
Saving different network fields does not seem to work neither.

Quick solution for incoming network : port forwarding on the router, but you only get video, none of the other services (mails, P2P, push notifications), and you have to configure 2 different profiles for internal and external network access (i.e. wifi and 3G/4G/LTE access)

Another solution to solve everything : change my whole network back to 192.168.2.X
This worked for me but i find it quite ugly.

It is very weird that we get a different value when accessing the same camera with a browser or amcrest software.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. Sorry your having issue with your Camera(s). If you were to give some insight on what Camera(s) you were working with you might find someone that can give you better insight to your problem....

Have you tired to Reset the cameras?

So without knowing what Camera your working with. If you can access the Network part of the Camera, I would change the Static to DHCP until your router gives your camera a new IP address ONce it is on your network then you can change it back to Static...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
benoitd

Post by benoitd »

I am working on 2 IP4M-1028B cameras (firmware is up to date).

It seems that the saving procedure is broken on one of my camera as i can't save some fields : network gateway, dhcp / static ip, and now smtp params.
It has been working fine for 2 years.

Another weird thing : checking the IP address of the camera by internet browser interface of amcrest surveillance pro windows software gives different IP. The IP of the browser is ok, the one returned by the software does not exist according to the router log.
On the other hand, gateway used by the broken camera was correctly displayed in the software, and wrong on the internet browser interface. Software could not save this param either.

I changed my whole network to 192.168.2.X (as gateway could not be saved) to align with my camera param, and now everything is fine.

I trying resetting from the interface, but it did not change anything, plus a lot of param where still here (smtp, network params). It seems that a part of the memory can not be written anymore, even by the soft reset process.
The detection area i got "after" the reset was the one i used in the previous firmware (Whaaaat is this magic ?!?!!!!)

Presently the camera is walking on one leg somehow (i get notification and detections, but no mail), so it is not that bad. As it was very difficult to get the cameras stable, I am a bit affraid of doing a hard factory reset.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well while I know it isn't what you want to hear, The good news is it has worked for you for 2 years and in terms of IP cameras I think that is good...

About saving. I found for me anyway it is best to use the Chrome View App to make changes in the camera. I don't know if that might be where the issue is with your system as well.. You know when people have problems I try even not having the same camera I try and find the same problem. While I can see in my ASP (Amcrest Surveillance Pro) the camera. For some strange reason it has become hard to make changes and keep them. I am going to guess because I am using this from a different IP then my Win 10 Pro is on. Win 10 Pro, Network Ip is 10.0.0.109 my Camera IP is 10.0.1.159 and my Camera Eth0 Port Ip is 10.0.1.129. So while you might not see it but the last 2 sets of numbers are different one on 1. and other on 0. My main network is even deeper then that and isn't able to be accessed by another thing on my 10. ips besides my Server and no one can access from my main router any of the 10. addresses. Do to a Firewall server that sits between.

So like you I see that the address showing on my ASP on WIN 10 pro isn't the address that it is connected to and was strange. Only thing I can think of is that the camera is using P2P right now and address picked up was the Eth0 that I used when I setup the camera on that Router.

So I can't use the Chrome App to access the Camera on my 10 Pro computer because of the IP difference. So I connected another Win 10 Home computer to the same Network Router as my Cameras and DVRs are on. Tried to make some changes in the camera after setting up ASP on that computer and oddly enough I can view the camera but when I try to make changes it says on bottom Right in a box that it failed and even at times fail to get info from the camera. Went to Chrome View App and I was able to setup make all the changes save and the camera makes them changes right away..

I thought maybe use the Chrome App and see if you can make the changes you want for your network. Bring up the App, camera loads in, Click Setup, then network, TCP/IP then make the change from Static to Dynamic (DHCP) and make sure your on the right type of change you want to make. I am not sure if your camera is POE and Wifi or Wifi however just above the area to set Static or DHCP in mine I thought I was setting up my Wifi port to DHCP however didn't look and it was set up to change the Eth0 so when i made change to other Router for testing LOL opps I had to go connect to the camera outside. Ran a Long Cord to Eth0 port and ran to router and used lap top to make changes in system so it would use that wifi router lol Ip was still set on Wifi 10.0.1.159 but the Eth0 was 10.0.0.229 as the Router is set to give up 200 block ips.. Once I made that change and save. IT was able to connect without issue... Now I changed back to other router and this time Wifi DHCP was still setup to DHCP Switched, and logged in and changed back to Static... Trying to make the changes in ASP before using the Chrome App all changes had to be done in the Chrome App...

Hope you find something useful here. Sorry long. Figured I would share my mistakes as well so try and help so it isn't made again by another...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
benoitd

Post by benoitd »

Hello,

As i have less than 255 devices in my house, my router share the same network, and the main one only takes care of the DHCP service.
Days after days, param could not be changed, then date/time began to reset one week later (without touching anything), then Amcrest logo overlay cameback on the display... It was really weird. It was like some piece of code was leaking and writing randomly in the memory.

I am presently testing the hard reset (physical button inside the camera), without updating the firmware.
I have seen on other thread that static IP on the camera could help.

We will see with time if it is more stable.