P2P issue with IP2M-863EW-AI

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kenf

P2P issue with IP2M-863EW-AI

Post by kenf »

I've been unable to establish a remote P2P connection using the mobile version of Amcrest View Pro (Android). However, the camera will connect with the mobile version of Amcrest Cloud.

I prefer the View Pro mobile interface - any ideas or suggestions how to fix the P2P connection problem with the mobile version of Amcrest View Pro?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: P2P issue with IP2M-863EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Need to look at your Network settings and make sure that your Camera is setup with a good IP address that your Router is giving access to the Internet.. Say if your system is like mine where I have to give each device access to the internet make sure it is Granted..

Next need to make sure that your Subnet Mask is right and that your Default Gateway is right, Then I have found for me anyway if I have issue with gaining access to P2P when I changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

So outside of that only other thing is to check that you have a good enough Upload speed to the INternet and good Download speed...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kenf

Post by kenf »

Carlos with Amcrest Support emailed me a firmware update (7/15/21 version) for this camera that fixed the P2P problem!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for the Update info.. That is one of the newest Cameras Glad they found the issue and got it fixed for you.. My guess is that for others this wouldn't be an issue when the camera is connected VIA a POE NVR.. However a camera that is not behind a POE NVR being able to connect over P2P is important..
Be Safe
davidekite

Post by davidekite »

my problem is on going, software updates, nothing has fixed the problem of going out of the local wifi area or using cellular, will not pick up this

AI camera. I wonder how in the world it will work on the cloud, but not on the regular app on cellular, nor on another wifi system
jdk59404

Post by jdk59404 »

kenf - I'm having the same problem with the IP2M-863-EW-AI. Could you post the URL of the bin from 7/15/2021?

Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jdk59404 Hello and Welcome to the forum

To be honest it would be best to contact Support, I would let them know that off the forum there was another user with an update for the camera you own. Even offer them the link to the thread if needed. However for reasons unknown it might be better to ask for an updated FW for your camera. While I don't want to say it was a Package for his SN as a way to release early but it would be best to get the fW update from Amcrest support also for safety reasons.
https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport

Just make sure to add in your info and they will get in touch with you about your issue.
Be Safe
jdk59404

Post by jdk59404 »

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have called support multiple times today and have had no success with their support. I explained that I found this article in the forums and I know there is a newer version but no one that I talked with today believes me that a newer version exists. Last month I ordered 8 bullet cams (IP4M-1041W) and all but one came with newer firmware than what was posted on amcrest.com/firmware so I called and basically had the same issue with support saying what is posted on the website is the newest firmware. I did have to email support and they did email a link to the newer firmware for the IP4-1041W.

This IP2M-863EW-AI works fine when I'm connected to the local network its when I try to connect to it from outside the local network. So it sounds like that was the problem you were having???

I did email support today so hopefully they get back to me soon with the newer version...want to get this guys cameras working:)

Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In general the Tech Support from phone is correct that the FW listed on the Forum is the one that is most current Stable FW. However as the other person noted that they got a FW and as I posted it might be that it was given to them in Pre Release form and might have other issues that isn't related to the issues your client is having.

So at times it might be that a FW is up for General Beta Testing and or it might be for a Strict few device testing and might have some flaws that are being worked on before it will be ready for Final Stable Release. This would be something less known by phone Support tech and more from upper management techs within the TX center.

For general fast tech support phones are a good option for something common however higher level tech is something that might be best found using the Support Ticket system. These can be Vetted and moved to a tech at a higher level then the general normal phone techs.
Be Safe
jdk59404

Post by jdk59404 »

Last month I ordered eight cameras and all but one came with firmware V2.800.00AC002.0.R, Build Date: 2021-05-18. When you go to https://www.amcrest.com/firmware the latest version to download is V2.800.0000000.3.R, Build Date: 2019-11-30. I highly doubt that that the 7 cameras had beta firmware loaded in them from the factory. And I'm going to guess that the 7/15/2021 firmware Carlos sent kenf is also not beta...its most likely the latest production release that includes this major fix for the IP2M-863EW-AI. Amcrest needs to keep their fimware page updated with the latest releases. Its been over a month since they sent me the latest firmware for the IP4M-1041B/W and they still have not got their firmware page updated.

I have been selling, installing and personally using Amcrest products for 6+ years and overall have been very satisfied with their products but when I call their support and the support persons English is so hard to understand and I'm guessing they don't understand what I'm explaining to them because every person I spoke with today wanted to send me a link that explains how to do a firmware upgrade. I wish they had a premium service where I could call and pay to get a person on the phone that spoke English and had better tech knowledge. Time is money and this install I'm doing is complete minus the issue with the IP2M-863EW-AI...plus its a 2 hour round trip that I will have to make one more time:(