P2P issue with IP2M-863EW-AI

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: P2P issue with IP2M-863EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry this is something that I can't say as Fact but if I had to guess it would be easy to say that your FW from 2021 is a different CHIPSET camera and needed a different software then what came out 2 years ago. This might prompt them to make it a V2 but I am guessing they didn't if you look at your 8 cameras 1 from 2019 was released with code of 1 or 2 I am guessing and your newer ones will have a build Release of 2021.. Out of 8 cameras they had 1 from stock they bought first round buying 50k units little time to sale and with the history of the last 2 years I am sure sales might have been slower then expected so then the new 7 is from new batch. This batch has new or different chip then the older one and this made it harder to program with same software aka FW.. So that is why there is a new 05-18-21 FW installed this was the FW that works with that camera and may not work with your older one because again Chipset might be different and so coding is different.. Then BETA...

Beta is because now the R&D is working to make the Update software work for all cameras first Gen and Second Gen this way when someone DL a FW it will work in your cameras 2019 and 2021 cameras without fail.. However getting the code updated from Gen1 and why the other person is using might work in Gen1 but has found makes Gen2 not work so well.. SO it is in Beta for OLDER Cameras... If it was installed in your newer camera 5 2021 it might BRICK IT... So they are still working on a Good FW that will work in both gens without having issues..

Just like GEN 1 and Gen 2 841's 941's and 1051's there was some Resting points between FW release so it wouldn't damage the NEW gen when having the updated FW installed..

That is my guess why they don't have a 7 2021 FW to DL on the web for you to brick all your new release cameras with a FW that wasn't made for it...

Good Luck I hope you tell them your working with new and older machines so you don't find out the hard way
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: P2P issue with IP2M-863EW-AI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well looks like there is a Release of FW that is on the FW page from 8-2021 Hope that cures the problems people have had. Have a wonderful Weekend.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe