P2P "Failed to connect"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
robbmeister

P2P "Failed to connect"

Post by robbmeister »

The last few days I've been having issues connecting via P2P. It works (for the most part) when at home using wi-fi. However, when trying to connect remotely (P2P), I now get the message "failed to connect". I've reset and power cycled the camera, with no luck. I contacted technical support on April 5th and was advised this has been a problem and they are working on a fix. From reading earlier logs, this seems to be a recurring issue (November, 2015 & January 2016). As per the January 2016 issue, Amcrest Customer Service advised there was a server connection issue that was resolved. Is there an ETA for this issue?
jeffee

Re: P2P "Failed to connect"

Post by jeffee »

I've been having this same problem ! Was just about to send back for replacements for 2 cameras but now I don't know that it would do any good. Been problem for about 2 weeks now. I was never told this was a problem that they are trying to fix.the last time I called in the support tech. Guy told me to hold on a min. And told me to try right then and it worked perfect . I asked what he did and he said nothing. But right after I got off phone it quit again. Usually connects over wi-fi but not cell signal. I have dish anywhere app on phone and it works perfect with wi-fi or cell coverage .i also would like an eta on this , would someone from support please post on here that there is a problem and give an eta please !
ParkinNJ

Post by ParkinNJ »

I’m having a similar issue connecting to my cameras using the Amcrest View Lite app on my iPhone. Previously, I was able to connect to two 1080P IP2M-841 cameras using the iPhone Amcrest View Lite app without any issues; connected within a few seconds. For the last couple of days, it literally takes 3 to 5 minutes to connect (if at all). On most occasions, the app shows a “Failed to Connect” error. I spoke with tech support who recommended updating to latest firmware, changing the router channel, deactivating / activating the P2P option in IP Config PC app, and manually rebooting the cameras. Nothing worked. I have not changes to my wifi or cell data service and everything was working well until last week. Interestingly, I read on other posts that tech support acknowledged a P2P service issue. Initially, I believed this was an issue with my camera but after seeing these posts, there appears to be a more systemic issue.
AMCREST, PLEASE CHIME IN! :(
JBrandt

Post by JBrandt »

Same Failed to connect issue with our new IP2M-841. Things were working fine since we got it last month; and we have not changed anything on our network.
Venelar

Post by Venelar »

Also getting this message. Although glad to know it's nothing I've done wrong, I'm bummed knowing I'm waiting on amcrest to fix something
ParkinNJ

Post by ParkinNJ »

I called tech support again yesterday and Benjamin(?) indicated there were 5 other calls regarding the P2P "Failed to connect" issue. I'd hoped more people would call the support / tech number to demonstrate that this isn't an isolated issue. He did ask for the Serial Numbers of my cameras; he would send the serial numbers to the P2P provider and see if there's an issue. Based on that discussion, I get the sense they may be using a P2P provider which they don't control (but I could easily be wrong on this point). Regardless, hopefully more users either call into the support number or post here to show this is an issue. :!:
jeffee

Post by jeffee »

ParkinNJ,I just called support again and he said there service is working fine! Said I need to call back when I get home so they can set up port forwarding on my router.so it sounds like there not gonna look into a server problem !
ParkinNJ

Post by ParkinNJ »

:| Well, that's disheartening. I guess another call to the help-desk is in order or perhaps returning the camera to Amazon...not sure if they'll accept a product return that's already open. It's a shame because it's a great camera when it's working! I'm not familiar with port forwarding, please keep us informed if it works.
jeffee wrote:ParkinNJ,I just called support again and he said there service is working fine! Said I need to call back when I get home so they can set up port forwarding on my router.so it sounds like there not gonna look into a server problem !
ParkinNJ

Post by ParkinNJ »

I called Tech Support again and the rep that I spoke with acknowledged they have received multiple calls/complaints about not being able to access cameras through their app. The Tech Support Rep said it's on their P2P server. If you provide them your camera serial numbers, they said they'll track down the issue and hopefully, get it all resolved within a couple of days. Now, I'm hoping for the best but prepared to send this d*$n thing back to Amazon if it's still not fixed by next week! :evil:
ParkinNJ wrote::| Well, that's disheartening. I guess another call to the help-desk is in order or perhaps returning the camera to Amazon...not sure if they'll accept a product return that's already open. It's a shame because it's a great camera when it's working! I'm not familiar with port forwarding, please keep us informed if it works.
jeffee wrote:ParkinNJ,I just called support again and he said there service is working fine! Said I need to call back when I get home so they can set up port forwarding on my router.so it sounds like there not gonna look into a server problem !
ivgo

Post by ivgo »

I have had the same issue for last couple weeks. The first time i called tech support the rep tried telling me it was due to my Wi-Fi signal being too weak. I am returning he camera as it it is useless as a security device if I can not depend on reliable remote access.

I also have had issues with Amcrest NVR I had hoped to couple with camera. It is also useless as it is goes on in a endless reboot loop trying/failing to update its' firmware on Amcrest cloud. Tech support was also unable to help and I can see on another thread in this forum many others have had same issue.