P2P "Failed to connect"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
drd

Re: P2P "Failed to connect"

Post by drd »

Your server is having problems again....Please fix this issue.
drd

Post by drd »

I guess the lights are out at Amcrest and nobody is home??
The cameras have been dow for over 2 weeks now and will no longer connect P2P.......
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello drd,

Could you please give us a call so that we can look into this issue a little deeper?

https://amcrest.com/contacts
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

freekurd

Post by freekurd »

Fwiw, the issue on our camera ended up being that our wifi was set up for mixed network mode: wireless a/g/n. I changed it to use b/g only and the software was able to finally communicate with the camera.
Login to your router admin webpage to see whether such network mode configuration is available to you.
JonLandon

Post by JonLandon »

Amcrest View Pro seems to never connect easily. I have a different system at work using Garding Expert and when I pull cameras up on my phone all 12 cameras appear instantly and simultaneously ??

I can't even get one of my amcrest cameras from home to appear without waiting 5 min. Whats up with that Amcrest....I never get an answer from them ???
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@JonLandon Sorry to hear your having some issues

Have you double check to make sure that your P2P is turned on
That you have good Network connection from your IP camera to your Router inside your NEtwork AKA are they Wifi?
what is your network speed? aka ISP speed

About your work system... I don't know the scope of your Work install or how they are connected VIA WAN.. However most business systems are very complex and are installed with Quality hardware, Routers, Modems, Switches and other gadgets that most home systems are not setup with and that is because most times the systems are OVER built to make sure not to have issues that you are having with your Home system..

Sadly there are things at play that is hard to guess why one works better then another.
Be Safe.