Overlay added intermittently to FTPed snapshots on IP8M-2496EB

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
johnrellis

Overlay added intermittently to FTPed snapshots on IP8M-2496EB

Post by johnrellis »

In the first several days of operation, my new IP8M-2496EB added the date/time overlay consistently on every snapshot FTPed to my server. But in the last 24 hours, it is very intermittent. After a reboot, a few of the snapshots will have the date/time overlay, but most won't. But in the Live view in the Web browser, though, the overlay always appears correctly.

The camera is configured to FTP a snapshot every 30 seconds, with these Overlay settings:

- Privacy: Disabled
- Channel Title: Enabled, "Ellis Weathercam"
- Time: Enable, Display Day of the Week
- Logo Overlay: Disabled

In addition to multiple reboots, I've tried Reset Defaults on the Overlay tab and re-entering the settings.

Software Version 2.460.1.0.R, Build Date: 2018-06-25
WEB Version 3.2.1.474688
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.0.485616)

Update: The bug occurs when snapshots are recorded to the SD card or FTPed to a server. When the camera is live streaming to a client, snapshots recorded to the SD card have the overlay; and when the camera is not live streaming to a client, the snapshots don't have the overlay. This occurs when using either the Web UI or Blue Iris to get the live stream.
Last edited by johnrellis on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
johnrellis

Re: Overlay added intermittently to FTPed snapshots on IP8M-2496EB

Post by johnrellis »

Changing the snapshot interval from 30 to 120 seconds and rebooting doesn't help.
johnrellis

Post by johnrellis »

Exporting the configuration, doing a factory reset, then importing the saved configuration didn't help either.
jack7continued

Post by jack7continued »

If you have a SD card, try changing the snapshot destination to SD card and see if it works there, for comparision. Snapshot type should be general and Storage snapshot schedule should be set to General(green line).
Amcrest FTP can be problematic with some things. What and where is your FTP server? Is it a weather service? There may be other ways to get your snapshots there properly.
johnrellis

Post by johnrellis »

I narrowed down the bug: When the live video stream is displayed in the Web-browser UI, snapshots include the overlay (e.g. when on the Live tab or on Setup > Camera > Video > Overlay). When the live video stream isn't being displayed (e.g. when logged out or on a page that doesn't include the live display), snapshots don't include the overlay.
johnrellis

Post by johnrellis »

Support has been working with me on this. An update for others who might encounter this problem:

The bug occurs when snapshots are recorded to the SD card or FTPed to a server. When the camera is live streaming to a client, snapshots recorded to the SD card have the overlay; and when the camera is not live streaming to a client, the snapshots don't have the overlay. This occurs when using either the Web UI or Blue Iris to get the live stream.