Orange Light?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bgolbourne8177

Orange Light?

Post by bgolbourne8177 »

Hello,

I've been dealing with this issue for a long time. I have 4 IP cameras - all of them are the IPM-HX1 model. While three of them work great, I have been unable to get the 4th one going for months. I know how to set them up and configure, etc. as I've done it with all of them in the past. This one, however, gives me a "LOGIN FAILED" error every time.

When I plug it in, the light is solid red. When I try to reset to factory settings, I get a solid orange light. Has anyone seen that before? Out of all the reading I've done online I've never seen any mention of an orange or amber light - just red and green.

When I plug it into my router via ethernet cable it does show it as a connected (unknown) device with the default IP ending in .108. It also shows the MAC ADDRESS, which tells me the device is working. When I type the default IP address into the browser, the page does not display (Error: "This site can't be reached"). When I use the IP config tool, the camera is not found.

One more thing to note - the device was working on my old router. We moved into a new house and purchased a new router. All of the other cameras adjusted fine except this one. I'm wondering if it's set on the old settings but I can't access the camera to change the settings and I can't seem to do a factory reset.

Can anyone help? Please & thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Orange Light?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

While I don't have this Camera nor do I work for Amcrest I am going to give some info that may or may not be helpful

On the back of the camera I think this camera is like the thin flat longer then wide looking camera? I think there is a RST button on the back of the unit. If you take this camera plug it in and Press this button. It might not be easy to get to so something that could press it in would be good because I think it is kind of Plastic from camera with slit on 3 sides form the button I could be wrong about that... Might be a Very small hole but either way should say RST. Press and hold it until you see lights go off.

Once reset the camera should connect as you would normally with others. This one would be set back to factory admin log on password...

Sorry if My info isn't 100% I don't have any data on the cameras and going off my own data

please be sure to post back for others that may have this camera on how you fixed it..

Thank you
James
Be Safe.