ONVIF authentication not working in newer cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MattFL

ONVIF authentication not working in newer cameras

Post by MattFL »

Does anyone have a solution to the ONVIF authentication issues with the latest cameras?

I'm using a GW brand NVR and have 3 Amcrest cameras that work with it great. I just bought 2 more Amcrest cameras for use with the same NVR and they only communicate with the NVR if I disable ONVIF authentication. My new camera model number is not listed on the firmware download page so I can only assume I'm using the latest firmware. Can anyone offer any insights or suggestions for getting the new cameras to work properly? Here is all of the camera info:

New cameras that do NOT work:
Model: IP5M-T1179EW-28MM
Software: V2.800.00AC000.0.R, Build Date: 2019-11-13
Web: V3.2.1.806712
ONVIF Version: 18.06(V2.4.5.782676)

The old cameras that DO work great:
Mode: IP3M-956EW
Software: 2.400.0002.15.R, Build Date: 2017-04-26
Web: 3.2.1.422026
ONVIF Version: 2.42
nrgz28

Re: ONVIF authentication not working in newer cameras

Post by nrgz28 »

I just want to say I have the exact problem with this camera. Has thin been resolved yet ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome both of you to the Forum...

Sadly I am not sure why or what the issue could be.. I am going to guess that from looking at a OEM of Dahua and should work the same as Amcrest.. However if by chance things don't work out the same way as your other cameras it might be that they need to be set to ONVIF rather then Private...

Like on my HikVision OEM branded DVR i have 2 cameras that would work on my Amcrest NVR under same type connection as the Amcrest ones.. however becasue of being different brand the DVR setup to be Onvif and isn't using the normal port of 37777 and one is using Port 80 and oddly one is using port 9988 as management ports.. This is how I was able to get them to work. If I turn off the ONVIF that for me anyway only makes it so the Password and user name don't have to be right...

So I would maybe make sure that your cameras are setup right for the NVR and make sure that the right port is used... Also make sure that when you add your cameras that you update the password to reflect the password for the camera and don't keep it default..

I have a camera that I tried to connect to ONVIF and it is older no new FW but when I put in my Password it don't like the Special !@#$%^&*() and as such crashes the camera so for that one I had to turn off the ONVIF so I could get it to load with the default password of admin admin.. Because I am not changing my password to get connected..
Be Safe.
automationeng

Post by automationeng »

Similar problem with the IP5M-T1179E. This is no listed in the Firmware section. My devices also have the release 2.800.00AC000.0.R. I think this is the latest.
CapeData

Post by CapeData »

Installed my new IP5M-T1179EW-28MM this morning and was tearing my hair out trying to get to an ONVIF connection. Finally searched and found this thread. I disabled ONVIF and was then able to connect using Android apps. I also have five other Amcrest cameras and none have this issue.
DataMeister

Post by DataMeister »

I have DW Spectrum which does detect the camera as ONVIF, but the Primary and Secondary stream URL is identical and is using the main stream. ONVIF Device Manager shows the same problem, so I think it's a problem in the camera and not some quirk with DW Spectrum.

This causes the motion record to not work in DWS because they disable motion detection on high resolution streams to keep the CPU usage low..
erkme73

Post by erkme73 »

My apologies for bringing up such an old thread. I'm using the same Amcrest cameras and, while I have many that I've ordered over the last year, the latest batch seem to have the same issue as described in this post. If I leave ONVIF authentication enabled, my Blue Iris NVR software will not completed the inspection/configuration. Disabled, it works just as all the other.

Yet, all cameras have the same firmware and ONVIF version.

Here's my question: I am attempting to access this newer camera from a remote site (not on my LAN) and therefore, require access via port-forwarding... both HTTP and RTSP. Since ONVIF port is the same as HTTP, is this a security risk to have the camera running with a disabled ONVIF authentication?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum...

Sadly if the PORT is forwarded and there is clear IP access to the camera from the Web that is connected to that IP then it could be used on Blue Iris, or an NVR as if it was there.. So if your not going to use P2P and the camera isn't behind a Firewall then I would make sure that ONIF is active Security...

Some things to Try... While the camera might say it has same FW, I would reload that FW on it again.. If there is no FW that you can DL (download) then I would at nothing less then try a Hardware Reset for the Camera... If there is a Button or the 2 holes for a button that was not installed for Reset I would do a Factory Reset and see if that CURES it..
Be Safe.
ckchessmaster

Post by ckchessmaster »

Hi everyone! Sorry to dig up an old thread but I've been fighting all day with this and I figured out a solution for my particular model (IP8M-T2669E-AI). For me, I needed to create a new user account on the camera with a username of "onvif" and give it a password and I can now login just fine. (I didn't even need to add it to the admin group. Hope this helps someone else!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@ckchessmaster May want to look in your camera as there should be a ONVIF area that can be turned on and off. Maybe it was turned off or maybe your camera needs the admin to make ONVIF user however normally it is there by design with the ability to turn it off if the End user wanted.
Be Safe.