One camera is not working

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rfree190

One camera is not working

Post by rfree190 »

I've got the AMDV7204-4B, HD-CVI 4 camera system. Bought it about 9 months ago. It's been working great up till 4 days ago. At 3:35am, camera 1 went black. It's still showing the camera label and time stamp, but it's just a black video screen. I've tried rebooting the system, checking all the cables, power, but nothing is working. The other 3 cameras are working fine.

Any ideas what I can try?

Thanks!
Rick
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: One camera is not working

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
I see that you have already rebooted the system but have you rebooted the problem camera? You can take the power cable out and connect it back and see if it works. Also check if the IR lights on the camera is coming on when you cover the camera sensor in front of it with your hands. If it does not its not getting power. It could be a faulty camera or faulty power cable. You can also try swapping the camera with another one to see if its the camera or the power cable. You can contact our RMA team for replacement of the camera or power supply if needed.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

rfree190

Re: One camera is not working

Post by rfree190 »

Thank you for a quick reply. I unplugged the power, but that didn't help. Also, the IR lights on this camera are not working.

I just sent an email to RMA.

Thanks again.