Old firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R wanted for e.g. IPM-721B or IP2M-841B.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
PPenet

Old firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R wanted for e.g. IPM-721B or IP2M-841B.

Post by PPenet »

After I have not managed to use ASP error-free with the newer firmware, I would like to downgrade back to the old firmware.

Does anyone perhaps still have the firmware from 2017 as a file that they can provide me with.
Version 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29 used to run fine for me.

I would really appreciate it.
PPenet

Re: Old firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R wanted for e.g. IPM-721B or IP2M-841B.

Post by PPenet »

Have already tried everything, reinstallation, etc. everything has not helped.
(see here: https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... 15816.html )

All versions that are available for download at Amcrest do not work properly.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Old firmware 2.520.AC00.18.R wanted for e.g. IPM-721B or IP2M-841B.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear about getting a camera or a few cameras that is problematic with the new FW. I will admit that out of the good more then few that I own I do have 2 that is bad on the new FW. So I had to figure out what to do to solve my issue.

First I am not clear what the issue with your camera is? So here is some info that might help

1, Camera on a power fail or Scheduled reboot is in a strange area of view and not where it was last pointed.
2, After a reboot or power cycle the current presets are removed and older presets are installed.
3, Setting up camera after a reset works until I add in preset 3 and or install more then 5 presets.
4, Logging into the camera like before the new FW I can't seem to stay logged in

So for 1, this issue is something I can't find a way to cure outside of doing this. Go to preset you want and move the camera to speed 1 for PTZ, then tap the camera control in a direction that is just as good as the preset just outside of where it was meant to be. Then return to your preset, After a reboot and power restore the camera will return to that point and still close to the area intended..

for 2, I would double check that you did a Reset to factory after doing the update to the new FW. if you didn't it might be pulling in info from an old Config history that needs to be Flushed. This cured my issue.

For 3, This is kind of problematic because the issue isn't there until the camera gets a few Presets setup. Normally when I had a camera with this issue it was Preset 3 so then I didn't use preset 3 and then after some time had more then 5 preset in and issue returned so for me and that camera my only cure is to not use Preset 3 or install more then 4 presets not using 3 as any of them.

For 4 this is how the new JS firmware works and there is no way around this and was setup for a Security for the device. the way to work around this in theory is using a NVR or ASP to access your camera. Then the NVR or ASP will keep it logged in and won't be seen as offline..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe