NVR NV4108 Interference from other REMOTES

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Itcacman

Re: NVR NV4108 Interference from other REMOTES

Post by Itcacman »

Well I must be doing something wrong with that button as I was never prompted to enter a new password as in the beginning when I bought it. The good news is, since I put that DVR behind the TV, where the If button is not visible, so far, and knock on wood, the grids have not flashed and changed. Time will tell. That factory reset really does bother me that it does not reset.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it might be that your IR of your remote is close enough to the IR of the DVR and when you do something on the Remote it changes the Channel of the DVR. I know that there are on normal CCTV Remote an ability to change between the channels. That is my Guess..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Itcacman

Post by Itcacman »

So far no grid changes since I placed the DVR behind the TV shielding the infrared sensor on the DVR, but still skeptical as even when the TV remote was not being used, the flipping grid would change to a different view. I am still stumped why this DVR will not do a hard factory reset unless I am missing a step. I am screwed if I ever need to change the password.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well as I said it is good to have them when they work..

I have a 16ch NVR that has a Button and after changing out my Phone that had my Password in it and not changing the password to my normal one and even leaving my email to an old email that I didn't have access to I almost felt like I had lost the use of that NVR. Not sure if your DVR has the Email Reset password but if it does I would say if you omitted that when you setup your recorder you might want to add it as another line of protection if you forget the password. It is as easy as emailing a password reset server. Just make sure your email works. Mine for some odd reason don't work. I have it reset as of yesterday able to reset my NVR and changed to another email address so if I happen to have this issue again I don't have to work so hard lol. Also didn't add any Q & A like I did in my newer Recorders that offer the option. It is as easy as answering 3 questions and it will let you change the password if you have that option I would setup that as well. Easy and fast and no email access needed.. I will admit on one of my Devices I had to Reset my system because I forgot my answers lol. Thought I would make it hard for others if they were at my home might know the answers so I had a method of how I wrote the answer so someone couldn't do in my place. Now I just have them with all lower case this way no mistakes lol. Do something like I did with CapS and numbers in the answer like setting up a password was harder then just remembering the Password after a few months of not using it.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Itcacman

Post by Itcacman »

Thanks for the tip. Still bothers me about that factory internal reset for the simple reason of not knowing if I am doing something wrong or if it is a defect in The DVR... Also, no more non purposeful grid flashes or grid changes in the last 24 hours since I moved that DVR behind the TV to not have my TV remote access to the inferred sensor on the DVR. Guess I could have just put non translucent tape to the sensor. Still weird that the flipping grids would flash and change even when the remote was not being used which makes me wonder if there are continuous low powered infrared beams constantly being emitted...
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Itcacman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:41 am So far no grid changes since I placed the DVR behind the TV shielding the infrared sensor on the DVR, but still skeptical as even when the TV remote was not being used, the flipping grid would change to a different view. I am still stumped why this DVR will not do a hard factory reset unless I am missing a step. I am screwed if I ever need to change the password.
You should be able to get a new DVR password here:
https://amcrest.com/password

Put some black electrical tape on your DVR IR receiver to try to block all of it.
Itcacman

Post by Itcacman »

So far so good. No flashes and grid changes. If it reoccurs, will put the black electrical tape over the DVR. Not happy with Amcrests solution to the remote problems associated with the older models to simply not provide a remote with the newer models when they should have resolved the IFR problem. I know folks who purchased off brand DVRs at Sam's and have no remote or infrared, problems. Also they can change from their grids to single pics cycling through and then repeating to the 1st Pic and then cycling through again. Not a Happy Camper.
Itcacman

Post by Itcacman »

Also, I had an audio conference call with a gentleman who worked in the tech department. He showed me some stuff that was very valuable on the software side. No language barriers and the guy definitely knew his job understanding the systems and the hardware and software configuration pieces. There are a couple of things we could not figure out and he is going to consult with his technical writers. One such problem is the single view cycling through on the single views of all the applicable channels WITHOUT THE INCLUSION OF GRID PICTURES IE PICS 1 THROUGH 8 IN A GRID, ETC. He sent me a picture of what they did to resolve this but I am inclined to believe it is not the same DVR that I purchased and the terminology of the settings are the same, but worded different. I took a picture of my settings and sent them to him suggesting the writers try to reduplicate the problem on my model. Awaiting their response. So far, I am beginning to be pleased with this model. Would be nice for a two way talk back. (Another issue)
Itcacman

Post by Itcacman »

Still no apparent resolution to the cycle view not displaying full pictures only WITHOUT THE INCLUSION OF OTHER GRID VIEWS. I was told that Amcrest recognized this as a problem and it is determined that it is a software or hardware problem or both and my option is to swap out the defective unit with another defective unit or just live with it. I asked if there were any other DVRs that did not have this problem and if so, could I just swap this unit out with the non defective different model DVR and the response was I could only swap out this defective unit with another defective unit and it was highly suggested I do so. Awaiting arrival of defective DVR to swap with my defective unit. Highly considering filing a class action suit and complaint to The Federal Trade Commission and Better Business Bureau.
Itcacman

Post by Itcacman »

Just received another refurbished DVR. Cover had a dent in it so I swapped out the return cover and serial number sticker with the refurbished DVR. Pulled out my 10 TB WD 3.5 inch Sata HD out of the defective unit and installed it in new refurbished unit. Put it all together and went back through the software setup and so far no automatic view changes and the view does not change when turning the volume up and down or using the TV remote. No need to put black tape over infrared sensor on DVR at this point. Time will tell. Still same problem of display cycle integrating all views instead of single picture views. Looks like I have no choice but to just live with this. Urging all folks who have this same problem on Model AMDV8M16-H5 to join me filing a complaint against Amcrest to The BBB and FTC. They recognize this as a problem and their only solution is to swap out the DVR with another defective DVR.