NV5232e-16p unusable with IP4M-1051w

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV5232e-16p unusable with IP4M-1051w

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know really. It is hard to say. Personally I don't know what chip is in the 5232E-16p I am going to guess that it has to be better then my AI NVR that only has a Dual Core CPU running at 1.5 GHz. I mean to tell the truth the 4116E-8p -HS and my 2116-HS both have Quad Core Cpus one is running 1.5 and the other runs at 1.6. Legacy CPU's seeing they are from 2014 and 15.

I wouldn't say they are under powered.. What people don't understand when it comes to NVR's is that they are only a small piece of the puzzle. Here is why All cameras connected normally to a NVR is already a MINI NVR with CPU, Ram and Software running and that is why my NVR AI 16ch with 16ch POE ports has a slower CPU then my 8ch AI DVR.. The DVR has to do more Computing then the NVR does because the NVR is taking an already Digital format and just storing it where on the AI dvr in general the cameras connected (Not many of mine) are Dumb cameras and all the info is sent in pure format and turned into a Digital format for storage. However a lot of my Analog cameras have CPU's and ram an do a lot more then the traditionally analog camera..

So when it comes to the 32ch NVR I would guess that it will for sure have more Ram but it could be using the same CPU as my AI NVR because again as I said before there is most of the data coming to an NVR in pure digital format from camera and so I could as I said see more ram being needed and maybe even a Dual CPU being used.

If this was my NVR I would set some testing for the Network. I think it is related to the Digital path way from Router to NVR..

First thing I would do is Replace any cable connected from the NVR to The Router. If it was one that came with NVR it isn't a very good cable. I hate to say it will be CCA. IF you were on a Switch that is managed I would look for errors in Tx or Rx I would also change out port of Router to make sure that it wasn't a port related issue.

Just looked up the Specs
It has a Incoming 320Mbps bandwidth There is nothing that should make the NVR not work with 4mp IP cameras unless there is a Network issue over Wifi or over the incoming Digital data from router to NVR.

Model NV5232E-16P
System
Main Processor Quad-core embedded processor
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Re: NV5232e-16p unusable with IP4M-1051w

Post by jack7 »

friggeri wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:46 pm I posted about this a few months ago, ended up tossing the NVR aside, but tried making this work again. Here's my setup:

- One dedicated TP-Link AX50 router
- The NVR is connected to the router over ethernet, has a static IP, port 37777 is forwarded to the NVR, and I have successfully added it to Amcrest View Pro
- 8 wireless IP4M-1051w cameras, all connected via wifi to the above mentioned router. Each of them has a static IP
- Each camera is configured to use h264 encoding with variable bit rate on the main stream, with a lower quality substream
- Motion detection is disabled on all cameras and the NVR, all recording and snapshotting are also disabled.

If I add the cameras 1 by 1 to the NVR, I can live stream the feeds in Amcrest View Pro, up until the point where I read 4 or 5 cameras. Then I start getting crazy latencies and the feeds start freezing. Even if I open one stream at a time it starts freezing either immediately or after a few seconds. Worse, if I open up the http admin for one camera and try to directly stream it I have the same freezing problem. I'm also monitoring the traffic usage in that dedicated network and it's pretty low so this is not a bandwidth issue. Because of this, it's unclear to me whether this is an NVR problem, or a cameras problem.

I specifically bought this NVR because it had 32 channels and I'm planning on adding another 10 POE cameras to the system, but if it's already struggling with 8 I'm not sure that's going to fly.. Anyone has any idea what might be going on? Support has been very unhelpful so far
I've always thought this is a pretty good post about WiFi stability:
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/bi-fail-t ... ost-525645