NV4108E install

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
digitalbeachbum

Re: NV4108E install

Post by digitalbeachbum »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:27 am On another repair last year Feb or march. This is from a Dahua Zoom Ai Bullet camera that was just under 400 when new. You can see it is an older chip because the camera is older with a date code of 51 week of 2018 where the first pictures the part is from 10 week of 2020..

I haven't set it up yet, but I have a brand new IP2M-850EB I want to install. It was $400 brand new. I'll have to take pictures of the chips to save just incase.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The 850Eb I own 2 of them so have no need for CHIP info. My issue is a different camera that was bad that has chips that I am going to guess are fakes or ones they stole from TI or someone and put their own Markings on.. The 850EB if I remember right is built very well with good known chips in them. However some of the SOT23 are kind of hard to source if one happens to go. Right now I have only 1 of the 2 in service because Without knowing I did an update that was going to be the last one from Amcrest but I guess the people that were working on it never finished it and I was given the FW without knowing it wasn't complete so now I have lost the ability to setup Presets and control the IR. So right now the Camera module is still good and the Stepper motors if I ever need them in the future I have a backup.. Don't know what kind of work you are in, I will say that I wouldn't take the 850EB apart unless it is really needed. Taking the head apart is only going to give you access to the Module where the Reset is and Micro SD slot. The main boards are in the base of the camera and there is a lot involved in taking it apart. The newer 853, 858 and others like them are easier to take apart and put back together. I have repaired 19 in the last 2 years. One that was given to me, The owner today asked if he could send some other hardware he had for it seeing he didn't want to toss them away.. That was given to me a couple of years ago now.. The 850EB is in a class of its own. While it don't work on my 5232E-16P NVR from Amcrest when i asked them why they said it was older Tech camera and might not work on all the modern NVRs.. They do on my 21XX-HS line, the 4108E-HS, 4116E-HS, 4216E-AI and the 4108-A2 without any issues. Just seems my 5232 is an odd ball seeing it isn't a newer version it is older NVR and the newer NVRs have no issues with the camera...
Be Safe.
digitalbeachbum

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:44 am So about the Plugin. That NVR works with IE. so in order to use that NVR on a WebUI you would need to use the Edge browser and then setup to use IE Mode. There is now a button where you can just click and add where it used to be you would have to go into the settings to setup the Ip to work with the IE mode. Just make sure that when you do you click start in IE mode next time. This resets every 30 days and after 30 days it will pop up and say you are in edge click to start in IE mode again. Keep in mind this has been updated to be easier then it was to start out with where every 30 days you had to go back into security default browser area to setup each IP.. I use all or at least 95% of all my CCTV devices in IE mode. All features are there seeing it is the normal platform the devices were designed for.. MS will support IE mode until 2029 so they say. Hope so or only access will be some type of CMS like ASP or IVMS to access features. I have a couple of devices that no longer have access to even IE mode seeing they are so old and the last update was like 2012 and IE back then was different format so the one today don't work with the menu just get a blank page.. So I use on NVR and if I need to change something in the camera settings I am SOL..
(edit)
I screwed up. I put HTTPS rather than HTTP.
It works now
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear.
Be Safe.
digitalbeachbum

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:00 pm The 850Eb I own 2 of them so have no need for CHIP info. My issue is a different camera that was bad that has chips that I am going to guess are fakes or ones they stole from TI or someone and put their own Markings on.. The 850EB if I remember right is built very well with good known chips in them. However some of the SOT23 are kind of hard to source if one happens to go. Right now I have only 1 of the 2 in service because Without knowing I did an update that was going to be the last one from Amcrest but I guess the people that were working on it never finished it and I was given the FW without knowing it wasn't complete so now I have lost the ability to setup Presets and control the IR. So right now the Camera module is still good and
So when I install it, I shouldn't do the update?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes you can do the last offered update. The update I had was not posted.. The one that is offered on the Amcrest site is fine.. Because of the type of FW that was being installed in the camera *that I was given* was to change it from old format from IE only to work with Chrome so that is why I can't put the old one back in. So lets say; Once you having an older 841 and update to newer FW past the 2017 one offered on the Camera auto update feature and update to one the on website you can't go back to the 2017 one kind of thing.. So yes you can update the 850 to the last offered FW it isn't the one with the issue..
Be Safe.
digitalbeachbum

Can you recommend any cameras which will match my NVR? I want to max the system out now that I have it working.
Also, with the 850EB, is that one I can have the app on my phone and also on the NVR?
When you used the 850EB, was there any thing special you used them for/how did you set them up (ie: location or settings).
I'm assuming that adding the doorbell will take up one of the channels so, normally I can have 8 POE, but do remote cameras count against the 8 ports?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well using the back 850 was mainly for wild life. I mean it did other duties as well but really just for watching the birds at this location lol.. Front 850 I used for license plates and other takes when needed. I have many cameras so the 850 that FW bad I did use at another location for a little while, Moved some cameras around and now have it back on the shelf for now. It still works just not the control that it used to have.. Have a good few PTZ cameras even some older AI cameras from years ago that I also still use. Just picture quality isn't anything like a HD MP camera. About the app, Yes the 850 uses the AVP or AVP2 apps just the same as your NVR will..

About cameras for your NVR, It is really up to you what you want or need. I would keep the 4mp and or 2mp as your main choice. I also would personally stay away form the Smart Home cameras unless you have a real need. Not sure about connection with AD410 to normal 4108E NVR. I know that they work with the 8mp NVR ok. I never never tried to connect to the older 4108 so I am not sure.. Also TBH, I would stay away from Wifi cameras again outside of the Doorbell cameras. Normal IP or POE cameras is best for CCTV use.

About Doorbell camera, Yes it will take up a Ch on your 8 port NVR. So in the case of a 8ch 8port even if it is working off the main Ethernet *Doorbell camera* seeing it is wifi would be using the Local Lan network for the camera connection.. Keep in mind that your NVR has Max encode/decode and Watts that the POE will be able to power cameras with.
Be Safe.