NV4108E drama. HELP!

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DieHardDano

NV4108E drama. HELP!

Post by DieHardDano »

I'm at my wit's end here, folks. Hoping someone can assist me here because tech support in India or wherever is utterly useless.

My problem started about 3 weeks ago after everything was working flawlessly for months. All of the sudden... problems. Here is the setup:
x1 NVR 4108E (POE)
x1 IP4M-1025EW (hardwired, POE)
x1 IP2M-844EW (hardwired, POE)
Amcrest View Pro app

First, I'll tell you how the gear used to function and then I'll tell you how it functions now.

THE APP IN THE PAST (working properly) I had my NVR added to the app. Within a subdirectory of the app were the x2 subchannels (0 and 1), my 2 cameras connected, and then 6 blank channels (I only have 2 cameras). The 2 subchannels were always black - nothing on them, period. The next 2 channels - individually labeled Driveway and Garage - displayed correctly as either a portion of the screen (25% in 4 way split, proportional in 8 way/9 way split) OR would maximize the screen entirely if I ever clicked on a specific channel while in a subdirectory of the NVR under Device List. This is all normal operation.

THE APP NOW (not working properly): If I click on either of the 2 channels directly, the app tells me "failed to connect". I can't see the camera image at all. In the past, doing this would pull up the image to display on 100% of the screen. Furthermore, the only way I can see the image of either camera is by viewing it in the subchannel... and only when using the 4 way split. When using the 4 way split, it splits one of the 25% blocks down into another 4 sectors and displays a tiny image of both camera channels within one of the overall 25% blocks. Furthermore, when I double click on either of those tiny camera images to maximize it... nothing happens. It's treating my individiual camera feeds as if they are all on the same channel. So, summary....

1. I can't connect to view my camera feeds individually when clicking on their respective channels. I get a "failed to connect" error.
2. I can only view my camera images on the sub channels and when doing so, it shoves them all into a single 25% sector of the screen.

THE NVR IN THE PAST: See the image attached to this post for reference. I've got the the NVR HDMI output going to a monitor. When I would view the cameras in a 4 way split, each image would take up 25% of the screen appropriately. Likewise, when using the 8 way split, I would see any channel I chose in the main larger sector of the screen and any other cams would populate in the smaller viewports on the screen. This is all normal.

THE NVR NOW: When clicking on the 4 way split, the 2 cameras display properly. When clicking on the 8 way split, the main image populates properly but the other smaller sectors don't. In their place instead is just a black image - nothing. If I grab the black image and drop it in the main sector, the camera goes from black to a live image and the image that was replaced goes to black in the smaller slot. The same results occur in the app when I do an 8 way split there. Again, see the image attached to this post.

So I know this is a long post... but I had to get the info in there. The problem has clearly originated in the NVR and is now piping out to the app. This has rendered my system useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
20170906_173026.jpg
20170906_173026.jpg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 466 times