Notification Android Samsun Galaxy S23

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Durango

Notification Android Samsun Galaxy S23

Post by Durango »

Just recently bought and installed the Amcrest 4K NV4232-EI 32CH AI NVR. The NVR is connected to my 16 port POE Switch; which is connected to my Router. My IP Camera IP8M-2779EB-AI w/o SD Card is connected to the Router. I have an Android Samsung Galaxy S23. I am total confused about which App I am supposed to have installed. I have the Amcrest View Pro installed on my phone and Amcrest Surveillance Pro software on the PC.

I have the NVR and Camera programmed but yet do not get any notifications on the cell phone. I have motion detection enabled on both the devices (Confused about which one I actually need to setup for that, so I did both.) But no notification on motion. The event records, but no notification on the cell. When I use the Amcrest View Pro2, I get the notification but no recording on the event on the camera nor the NVR.

So I don't know what I am doing wrong, but hope that someone can provide some guidance on how to resolve. I want to get one camera to work before I start installing the others.

Thank you in advance.

Durango
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Notification Android Samsun Galaxy S23

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

So it is up to you first on what device you want to get the Notice from. Yes AVP for phone and ASP for computer is the way to go. However there are somethings you need to take into account when you make said + to your apps. First are you going to run this in P2P mode? or IP with Port Forwarding and or a VPN?

To be honest I have many systems and 98% of them are setup with P2P for my Security and peace of mind. You will know if you have setup P2P if you have scanned your cameras or NVR's Serial Number. If you setup the App or ASP using a IP address then you will want to remove that from the APP's and add it back using P2P method for AVP anyway. ASP if going to be used at the location then IP mode is best option.

Next when you setup the device to your phone it won't normally give you notices until you setup the device to do so. Now you said that your device is recording events and able to place back. So now using AVP (Amcrest View Pro) bring up the device in the list, Then while in the view mode at the top left click on the 3 dots with 3 lines. Now you will want to go to Push Notices. Click that, then you will want to setup how it will give you the notices, You said Motion, so pick that then what type of event do you want. Live, Image or Video. Personally I choose Image and it will play out like a video in motion image format. This is the fastest way. If you think about it from Alert to Notice event times if you setup to do Video that video will have to be recorded and then it will send the notice. With Images it will alert you and the images will be recording as you are being alerted. So that is the fastest way. Also in the event that it does send Video you might be alerted sooner then when done however in that mode if you go and want to play it back before it has ended then you will get a message that there is no recording. So Image is best for me.
Screenshot_20231211_234058_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20231211_234058_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (287.02 KiB) Viewed 19063 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh sorry forgot to mention also. When you setup like the picture above. Be sure to save by clicking the Disk looking icon top right to save the changes.
Be Safe.
Durango

Post by Durango »

Wow...My informative....I need to make some decisions on how I want to approach it.
Durango

Post by Durango »

OK.....I changed my setting from Live view to "Image" and that seems to have worked. I am not sure why I didn't realize that I had set on "Live View" to being with. Thank you for the help....I am sure I will have more questions.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad you got it worked out. Asking questions is how we learn.

Be Safe
Be Safe.