Not Getting Motion Detect or disconnection Alerts only Human

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jonathan1683

Not Getting Motion Detect or disconnection Alerts only Human

Post by jonathan1683 »

Hello,

I recently had someone break into my back yard and disable my camera, they seem to be using a laser at one point to block it as well. However I did not get either a notification of movement and I also didn't get a notification that the camera was unplugged. I do normally get notifications that are "human detection" but I tried to wave my hand in front of the camera and I get no notifications. I would like to increase my security as this happened while my family was home alone so I am a little worried the camera failed me in this situation. I looked in my amcrest app and it does say motion detect and human and audio alerts are enabled, but i never seen any others other than human. Looking back at the footage you can see the person in my back yard, but not their whole face/body but it was very close up so it should have been able to detect the movement.

The camera is T1273EW-AI
The DVR is NV5216
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Not Getting Motion Detect or disconnection Alerts only Human

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok first there are a couple of things right off the bat would do.

First at the NVR''s Main Menu, Storage, Record on that camera channel change it in the Sub Channel area to Manual. That is because looking at that camera it is a camera with a Mic and by doing so it will record full time at the lower Sub channel and you can get not only the Video but also audio (If you live in a State where Audio Recording is 2 party might want to talk to a Lawyer about having audio turned on either way I would still turn on Full time Sub Channel Record..

Next where was the recording for the Event? Camera or in the NVR? (Other words do you have Micro Sd Installed)

So I am not sure why your alarm didn't go off. What there is on mine anyway and I am going to guess on your Higher Model is both IPC and Channel offline area. I have mine both setup maybe your offline was not setup right so didn't alert you. I have both setup incase there was an issue and IPC offline didn't show up the Channel offline would. Now I have also Voice alerts active on mine with audio on different things as well. This helps.

So I did just Format my NVR a week ago so the 2 cannels I have full time recording has only been a week. My HDD is 6tb so for 1 camera full time on Sub should take all that much space. I have 2 cameras on full time on this NVR and the rest is Motion and or AI to Micro SD. I do have AI NVR's just not used at this location right now I have it on one of my other houses because it was fall and getting a lot of false alerts on my normal NVR.

Anyway this is on older FW but should give you an idea of what I am talking about from images below and what items to look at settings for your NVR. Please note that my offline does show record and PTZ checks that is because there is another camera also connected to the drive that is PTZ and if the front came goes offline the back camera will PTZ and record the area as backup. Also there is a lot that can go into this whole thing and I can't get into every last part but gives an idea in pictures. I do have 4.0 FW NVR local I could get some pictures if the older FW don't help much.
Screenshot (3647).png
Screenshot (3647).png (141.67 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Screenshot (3648).png
Screenshot (3648).png (146.83 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Screenshot (3649).png
Screenshot (3649).png (143.63 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Screenshot (3650).png
Screenshot (3650).png (153.35 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Screenshot (3651).png
Screenshot (3651).png (132.3 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also so you understand I took 2 more of my Schedule, Showing my Motion and Alarm only setup for recording and then playback in ch7 Sub and you can see it shows all day yesterday.
Screenshot (3654).png
Screenshot (3654).png (153.44 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Screenshot (3655).png
Screenshot (3655).png (183.04 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Be Safe
jonathan1683

Post by jonathan1683 »

Hello what is the purpose turning the sub stream to manual? I thought it was just the lower quality stream? Sorry just confused about that. I don't understand how the nvr alerts I have it all set to detect motion on the camera and on the nvr I dont get any from the nvr i only seem to get alerts from the camera human detect. I dont know how to fix that part. When you turn it on in the nvr settings to motion detect where is it sending these alerts exactly? I changed the sub stream to manual
Attachments
IMG_9548.PNG
IMG_9548.PNG (277.31 KiB) Viewed 753 times
IMG_9547.PNG
IMG_9547.PNG (273.78 KiB) Viewed 753 times
record.png
record.png (21.49 KiB) Viewed 753 times
jonathan1683

Post by jonathan1683 »

also i dont have a sd card I have a 6TB+9TB HDD in my NVR and 3 cameras
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, So a few things here.. Sorry I wasn't clear about the Sub. I do that as a way for access to Audio full time in my video as there are things that can be lost in access of Motion or of an Alarm/IVS action. So if you had to refer back to something that was not picked up in your Event you can play it back VIA full time Recording on the Sub Channel. Or maybe there was something that set off your Motion like when I am watching Birds with some of my Cameras, if I don't happen to get all that happen I can play back in my Sub Channel. Like let say when a Hawke lands and is stalking a Snake, After a set time the Motion will turn off and the bird is still there. However if it happens to be lets say at the edge of my Motion Grid area as it goes in for the catch my Motion won't pick it up again and I can play it back on full time record on lower stream. Again same kind of idea, Someone comes around corner and my NVR picks them up talking. However they entered the IVS rule or Motion grid after some important parts were not heard because the time of the talking was 16 seconds before the trigger, However playback on Sub channel starting 20 seconds before the event started I can now hear what was being said before entering the Scene..

So Normally for me anyway be it on my 2116-HS, 2108E-HS, 4108E-HS, 4116E-HS, or my AI NVR 4216E-AI with 4.0 FW when I make a change to my NVR settings it makes that change in my Cameras as well. Meaning if I make change in NVR to motion Grid that info is changed in the camera. If I enable Motion in my NVR it will be also in the camera if I turn off it is off in camera.. However most times snapshots in the NVR will need to setup snapshot in the camera manually over WebUI of the camera or snapshots won't be recorded even if you dont' have a Micro Sd card in camera needs to be setup just like your recording to the camera.. Then images will or can be stored on the NVR in jpg as well as video..

So in your NVR if you don't have your Channels on Main setup for Auto your recorder will not record without you setting it manually to record. So in your last picture there you will want to change your Main to Auto like I have mine. what that will do is Follow your Schedule. I mean in my AI nvr I have a 4tb HDD and 6tb HDD. I setup one for Full time Sub channel record and Images and my 4tb is setup for IVS rules alerts. Setting up different HDD for different services you would want to make them changes in Advanced area in your last picture above here..

So then something to keep in mind. If you want your 1 location for your events rather then each camera. Better to work off 1 Device rather then multi devices you will want to double check that your NVR is setup with P2P access so you can get alerts and access while your away form your Devices location and why I think it might work in your camera and not in your recorder as maybe your camera was setup using P2P and the NVR was setup using IP so you would have to be in the same net work as the NVR for access..

So I am clear, your Main should be changed to Auto, If you want your cameras to record in your sub channel on the NVR then they should be changed to manual. Don't have to record them all full time on Sub only if you wanted to. LIke in my pictures above only 2 channels are in manual on Sub Channels.. Reset only on Motion for that unit..
Be Safe
jonathan1683

Post by jonathan1683 »

Thanks Revo I changed those options, you are right my NVR is setup using ddns I forgot why, I think P2P was not working at one point. Do you know how to turn it on ?
Attachments
record2.png
record2.png (17.76 KiB) Viewed 741 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will want to make sure that you NVR is connected to the Network, That your IP isn't blocked from access to the Internet. Then in most cases it should have been setup out of the box to work. However if it isn't as your picture shows. Then I would double check that your Network area in the NVR has a Good DNS and the Gateway is also right..
Screenshot (3680).png
Screenshot (3680).png (148.51 KiB) Viewed 739 times
Be Safe
jonathan1683

Post by jonathan1683 »

Thanks I guess that is the next thing I need to figure out, think my settings are correct. I am not sure why P2P isn't working. I can access the NVR remotely so it does have internet access. One thing I noticed is DHCP DNS is not checked and I cannot check the box for some reason. Also I just noticed your DM I appreciate the assistance it seems your DMs are turned off so i could not reply though.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Image was removed as requested.

So looking at your AVP in truth you don't need all the items picked and might be overloading the system.. If you don't have Audio setup for Detection I wouldn't have that. On your IVS if your using Tripwire or Intrusion setup then I wouldn't have the SMD turned on. However that brings me to the next thing I just thought about..

If your Human Detection is being found are you using the SMD on the camera and not Intrusion or Tripwire? If you are that would explain why your Motion isn't sending things like Cats dogs or other things because turning on SMD turns off Motion. With SMD it is asking what items do you want to detect so your not getting false alerts? If you choose Human and Vehicle in the SMD then it will only detect them and all others will be rejected.

So what can you do? Well you could setup Motion normal and then setup a IVS rule rather then SMD and you will then get all motion and IVS of Tripwire or Intrusion or what ever option you have in the IVS of the Camera..
Be Safe