no power to IP8M

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
pdale1010

no power to IP8M

Post by pdale1010 »

I am using a POE switch and cannot get power to my Amcrest camera. Cat 5 cable from router to tp-link switch. Poe is plugged in with power light showing. Then network cable out of POE Switch to camera. No power at camera
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: no power to IP8M

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Sorry I am not sure I understand?

You have a Camera that is POE, Taking a Cat5e cable and connecting it to camera from a POE switch after a minute or 2 the camera isn't powering on?

Have you tried to power the camera from a 12v power source if the camera comes with the Plug. I don't know all of the cameras offered by Amcrest but the ones I do know of all have power ports and ethernet connection and a minimum.

With normal cameras only requiring a 1amp 12v supply I would try that and plug the camera into a normal port on your router/switch and see if the camera powers up that way.

If it does, I would double check that the port you were trying to connect it to before was POE because the camera will need power from POE port from device that supplies POE power or a 12v power source.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
pdale1010

Post by pdale1010 »

I purchased a 12 volt power supply and still no power to camera.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like the camera is dead. IF you bought it new from Amcrest seller or Amcrest Direct, I would ask for a Replacement and if out of the 30 day return if you bought from Amazon then i would contact Amcrest and see about them getting an RMA out to you for a replacement.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe