No live view from Cloud App 1080P

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dooveall

No live view from Cloud App 1080P

Post by Dooveall »

I have just a single 1080P camera. I can see the recorded views on the Cloud app but the live view just keeps spinning saying "starting " until it it just stops ... "failed". I've reinstall the app twice and even rebooted camera and set it all back up on my network. Firewall is allowing everything and I have location services switched on as well on the the app. I can see the live view from my desktop on the Amcrest website and from the View Pro app on my Android S7 and Galaxy tablet and from the IP config tool on my desktop. The cloud app will not start the Live view.
I've called tech support 3 times and they are not very knowledgeable or technical enough to figure this out. They keep saying there is a server error. IS THIS CORRECT? When will it be fixed?
Mkona512

Re: No live view from Cloud App 1080P

Post by Mkona512 »

Same issue here but with their 720p cameras. The app can view past recordings just fine, and the amcrest cloud website allows for access to the live stream, but the app is unable to view the live stream.

The issue overall has nothing to do with a user's network settings, and the issue is present on both the iOS and android app.
For now, functionality of the app is limited to viewing past recordings until someone at Amcrest can properly fix the issue.

------------
For the OP, please do not do anything like put the camera on the DMZ, you need at least some firewall protection to avoid exposing more ports than needed since these are effectively IOT devices which do not receive many firmware updates, thus it is unlikely that any CVEs will be fixed quickly.
Dooveall

Post by Dooveall »

Do Amcrest techs not even bother to read this board and provide assistance? It's clear that their main project is to sell cameras. Technical support is very bad. I'm a paying customer for their cloud service and disappointed that I cannot the view the live stream from the Cloud app.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I had a similar problem today. All day from work I could not see the live view either from my cell or from a web browser. Now it is working but goes on and off. I am better off using my own NVR and accessing the clips on my NVR. But I have not figured out how to access the devices in my home network from outside as I have to get past the router first. Need to do some research on that.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

I am wondering if the paid subscription uses a faster server. Otherwise there should have been a lot of complaints. Cant get live streaming from cloud now. I have a 3MP camera but the setup keeps defaulting to 720p and still the streaming is intermittent.
Last edited by mupimohan on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dooveall

Post by Dooveall »

UPDATE... It appears that someone at Amcrest finally decided to fix this problem. Live stream is now working (for me)... I did nothing on my end... I just turned the Cloud app on and the live stream appeared. I hope this mess is fixed for good.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

It is not working for me now, neither from the cell nor web browser. I am done with this junk. Amazon cloud always works.
Dooveall

Post by Dooveall »

Send them a personal email for assistance.
mupimohan

Post by mupimohan »

Will do