No IP cameras working

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Jenloe1996

No IP cameras working

Post by Jenloe1996 »

Okay full explanation that I can cover right now, I have been working with these cameras for 2 hours now. Brand new out of the box Model ASH43-W. I have tried many many many times to get this to set up the camera over wifi ( it fails) try to set it up over ethernet with the cable plugged in (it fails). I have a wifi set for 2.4 GHz and one for 5GHz. I have in fact tried this on both networks and no change. I have tried the app on my android phone, I have tried the amcrest web view (the web view says "this page isnt working" after i type in the IP address to the camera. Also takes at least 5 minutes for the camera to even show up on my device list for my router to even have an IP address to begin with. I have factory reset these cameras there are 2 of them the same model. I have factory reset these cameras no less than 5 times each and still nothing changes. How is this even possible with brand new equipment? how is this happening right now? I am literally 3 feet from my router. PLEASE assist me so I dont go back to amazon and lose my mind getting a refund for a product that was reviewed great for home assistant integration I am extremely upset at my time being wasted here.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: No IP cameras working

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So couple of things to note.. ASH product is a Smart Home Product and needs to be setup with the Smart Home Amcrest app to start with. Now not all Smart home products work with Amcrest View Pro, I might be wrong with that but I do know the ones that do work will onyl work after they have been first setup with the Smart Home app...

There should be a flyer that is in the package that says scan this to download the app? If not then go to the Google Play Store and search for Amcrest Smart home app..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe