Night Vision

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

Night Vision

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have a IP3M-941 camera that I would like to set up for night vision. I have IR set for Auto, but video recording is black when it is dark. The camera is installed inside a fairly small room and focused on a desk about 6 feet away. Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Night Vision

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello, I would look at your Config for your camera setup..

Fastest way to say where to check is like this...

Log into the Cameras WebUI. AKA the IP address for the Camera. IN my case it is 10.0.0.177, then the live view comes up you will want to click on Setup towards the top right, then in the camera area is Configuration. Then you will want to do a couple of things. 1 Make sure that your Day if your on Day is setup for Auto, If you have it setup for Color and you have your Profile Management setup for Full time Day then your camera will never work off the IR settings...

IF you want to make changes to the Day/NIght info that you will want to setup your Day and Night to work with your needs. Just for the easy setup again looking at the Config under your cameras settings Then in the Center of the page to the right of the Picture area will be Day & Night click that and make sure that it says Auto for day. Also to make sure that things are working as it should click night and setup also for Auto and to be complete click General and setup that for auto so no matter what setting you are on your not locked in Color full time... It might say Normal and not General depends on FW..
Screenshot (3585).png
Screenshot (3585).png (184.45 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for your reply! I think I have made the settings you suggested. I also scheduled day and night. I will check it tonight.

Best regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

OK, night vision is working. I am surprised at how bright the video is!

Thanks for the help Revo!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you got things working now. If you find that the Auto Setting is to bright for your needs maybe going to the IR setting area and change from Auto to Manual and adjust down the IR to your current needs. Only thing with that doing so might make a persons face washout if they come into the area of view. However if it is low enough say down to around 30 it might be better then if it was in Auto anyway.. Just an option to try.
Be Safe.
BobTheDroid

Post by BobTheDroid »

Glad the advice worked. But In some cases, which are rather bewildering, the contrast has a big difference in how the cameras "interpret" light. For example, if you have a bright spot somewhere, your camera may think it's bright outside, even though it's sitting in the dark.