Night Vision Cutting in and out

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
StevieCamera

Night Vision Cutting in and out

Post by StevieCamera »

Hello all,

I just purchased the AmCrest ProHD 1080P 8Ch system from Amazon. It came with 4 domes and 4 bullets. So far I've installed 2 cameras outside. One works fine at night but the other only works fine during the day. The picture is crystal clear; as dawn sets in the camera will not activate night vision. I tested another bullet camera, verified night vision works, replaced the camera and same result. I called tech support; they suggested shining a flashlight into the IR for 30 seconds. I did this and reset the power supply. I also covered a motion sensor for a light, which is located directly in front of the camera (about 15' away) with tape. The camera's night vision activated and I was happy. I removed the tape from the motion and walked out to activate the light. The camera stayed on.

However, when I woke up this morning, the camera no longer was in night vision and was just cutting in and out again. Is it possible the motion sensor is causing this?