Night time issue with AD410

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rssluca

Night time issue with AD410

Post by rssluca »

Hi all, just received and had installed the camera. This is what I get at night, no matter what angle/position. Looks like bas IR or sensor, not sure..
Attachments
IMG_6337.JPG
IMG_6337.JPG (45.53 KiB) Viewed 363 times
GaryOkie

Re: Night time issue with AD410

Post by GaryOkie »

The fisheye (curved walls) are normal for this doorbell for close objects. The exposure is apparently being affected by the IR lights reflection. Can you use the angle bracket to have the doorbell face more to the right to minimize the reflection?

My porch is brightly lit (dawn/dusk timer) so I just turn off the IR and get a nice full color video 24/7. You might consider that as well.

Another option is to install an external IR light where it can illuminate the porch without reflections and then turn off the IR in the doorbell.
rssluca

Post by rssluca »

Hey @GaryOkie thanks. I also tested with various angles thinking the issue was caused by some sort of reflection but had no luck. The issue appears even when the camera is pointing straight to a dark area with no reflective surfaces or items...

A separate IR light is a good suggestion.
ando

Post by ando »

@rssluca I am having this exact issue and also cannot figure out why it is happening. I also tried a second Ad410 and it is still there. Did you figure anything out?
x002657

Post by x002657 »

I very recently installed 2 AD410s. One at the front door, and one at the back door. At night, I get the white blotch only on the one at the rear door, and even then only on the left side of the image. No problems at all on the one at the front door. at present, there is no outdoor illumination near the rear door, but it's next to an Andersen sliding glass door with white frame. Guess it's possible it could be reflection.

Has anyone with 2 units tried switching/moving them from one door to the other to isolate if it's buggy camera(s), or reflections from the surroundings?