New Wi-Fi Connection Issue

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
slh2536

New Wi-Fi Connection Issue

Post by slh2536 »

I had cable at my house and I have several Amcrest Cameras. They all worked great. I recently had fiber optic cable installed at the house. I had to go buy a new router. Now I'm having trouble connecting the Amcrest Cameras to the Wi-Fi. My cameras are something like these below.
I have the Amcrest View App on my phone.
IP2M-841W
IP4M-1041B
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New Wi-Fi Connection Issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

First seeing you said you bought a new Router that means you have access to the router and should just connect the router with the same SSID that you had and Password for the old router you were using. This way your cameras will connect just like it never left.

If you don't remember the router name that is easy to access from your camera. YOu will need to make a connection to your camera using a Cable, Once the cable is connected it will give or should give the camera a good current IP address, You can do a search from a command prompt with arp -a and look for a Mac address that has something like this. 9C:8E:CD as the first 6 i the mac address. Once you get that IP log into the IP for the camera. Then click on Setup, Then network, then Wifi, In there it will or should show up the SSID that it was connected to..

However if it don't then you will need to just setup a new connection there in the wifi to the current SSID and password. Either way that can be done fastest and easy if you know the SSID, if not just follow setup steps to change listed above..

Good luck
Be Safe.
slh2536

Post by slh2536 »

Not sure how I would change the Wi-Fi Also I'm not sure what the SSID means and if I can change it.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Were the cameras originally connected to a wifi router built in to the cable modem, or a personal router connected to the cable modem?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

BTW, the SSID is whatever the name of the network happens to be and can generally be set by the user 'admin' or changed by the user 'admin' provided user 'admin' actually has admin privileges to do so.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So a SSID stands for Service Set Id, This is the ID of your wifi. My guess was that was how it was connected seeing you were saying your cameras are not connecting and that normally would be because the Wifi you were connected to is no longer around. So when you go to your camera. In my picture below you can see what SSID I had my camera connected to, I have it connected right now to a Ethernet cable so I have disabled the Wifi of the camera right now.

However as you can see in the list in my picture it will show all the SSID that is in reach and if you don't remember yours then you can just on that page of your camera setup to the current SSID, you will just have to add in the password for the connection..

however in my case, my SSID didn't come default as this. So if say I was to reset the router back to factory, I would have to change the SSID and password back to what I have it setup for now and doing so will let all the devices I have setup using wifi to connect without any intervention from the camera it self. If you have others that have used your Wifi in the past and you don't want them to have access anymore then keep the SSID in your router as it came and log into your cameras and setup new Wifi SSID and password...
Screenshot (4595).png
Screenshot (4595).png (151.09 KiB) Viewed 1307 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

slh2536 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:35 pm My cameras are something like these below.
IP2M-841W
IP4M-1041B
Something like? What's different about them?
slh2536

Post by slh2536 »

I'm just pointing out what type I have that may help me to get these up and running
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Gotcha. They're not likely your problem, though. What about the router questions? That information will be much more helpful toward a remedy for your issues.
slh2536

Post by slh2536 »

This is my new router
Screenshot 2023-06-30 124246.png
Screenshot 2023-06-30 124246.png (19.88 KiB) Viewed 1282 times