New to Amcrest Security Cameras need some help.

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
redserv

New to Amcrest Security Cameras need some help.

Post by redserv »

Hello Guys, I am happy to have purchased an Amcrest HD PRO for my home, I have successfully hooked this up to my LAN via Ethernet cable to my router.
However i have some questions

1.How do i access this camera outside my network, like over the internet? Do i need to make changes to my router to have this done?

2.If I am planning to buy more Amcrest cameras, should i buy a DVR? if so which model should i use?

3.Can you guys recommend a app that will work with windows mobile phones and Amcrest cameras to view over LAN/WAN?

4.Amcrest PRO HD [IP4M-1025E], If i need to run this via Ethernet cable about 75feet away from my home, do i need a P.O.E injector, and if so can i have some recommendations?

thanks alot for your patience guys, hope to here from you soon.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: New to Amcrest Security Cameras need some help.

Post by Melvin »

Hello redserv ,
1) Its not necessary to make changed in the router as this camera offers plug and play set up. On phone apps, you can just scan the QR code and input the camera username and password to get it to work remotely. If you want to access it from a computer remotely, you can go to Amcrest view.com and enter your camera info there. Port forwarding is another option where you will have to login to your router and make changes. The below video explains port forwarding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9gWmwBpohg
2) If you are using more of IP cameras, go with an NVR like the Amcrest NV4108.
3) Currently we dont have a Windows app. On IOS and Android, you can use Amcrest View Pro or Lite.
4) You will need a POE injector only if you do not want to connect the camera to the external power adapter. You can run a 75' cable and connect the camera to its power adapter and it should still work without an Injector.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

redserv

Re: New to Amcrest Security Cameras need some help.

Post by redserv »

Hey Melvin, thanks alot for taking the time to explain, appreciate it.