New ISP, Starlink, now status is bad on IP cams

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
justin283

New ISP, Starlink, now status is bad on IP cams

Post by justin283 »

I recently switched internet service providers. I now have Starlink. I purchased the ethernet adapter for the starlink router/cable. I now have no cameras loading on my Amcrest 5 series NVR monitor. The status is red on all my devices. I've deleted them, done a new search, and added them back but they remain in bad status. Could this have something to do with how Starlink's internet is managed?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New ISP, Starlink, now status is bad on IP cams

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

My guess is that your Starlink service has a different IP structure then your NVR and IP cameras once had. If I had to guess even more it might be that your NVR was setup still using DHCP and the IP has changed for the NVR Your cameras are still on a different IP that was from your old service.. Or to be honest it might be the other way around. Either way I would do a system check for your IP structure and make adjustments to fix the connection with the cameras...

Lets say that your cameras and NVR were once on 10.0.43.x and now the Starlink system uses 192.168.38.x, Either your NVR or cameras have made a change to the new IP and the other NVR or Cameras are still on the old IP and so the connection can't be Established. I know you said that you were able to find the cameras after removing them and adding them back and yet can't make a connection to them. What I would do FIrst.

Double check the NVR's IP address. Right click and choose main menu, *Sign in if needed* then on bottom click on Network, then on left click on TCP/IP, an double check that the IP address of the NVR matches the same as the Cameras. Then next to the IP address for the NVR click on the Pencil and in there make sure that the IP address and Default Gateway are in the same segment. Meaning if it was setup with 10.0.43.43 the Gateway would need to show 10.0.43.1 as the gateway. However same could be an issue if the IP has changed and the gateway is off segment then the connecting devices could fail. Not always but can.. If however if all your cameras are on a different Range of IP's I would click on the DHCP next to the IPVersion box and press OK then save and let the Router hand out the IP to the NVR and this will also change the Gateway as well. Once the NEW Ip was given by the router you can turn the DHCP off and change to the IP you would like only changing the last number. Lets say it was given 192.168.38.20 and you like the NVR to be setup for 200 then change that 20 to 200.. Press OK and Apply.. Then the cameras should come on line once all devices are in the same Network segment.
Be Safe.