New IP8M-FCB2996EW-AI - motion triggered LED or app triggering??

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jt777

New IP8M-FCB2996EW-AI - motion triggered LED or app triggering??

Post by jt777 »

I've installed the new panoramic IP8M-FCB2996EW-AI.

It's got a great image with very good low light performance. I don't want the LEDs on all night long but during set-up it only allows on or off at night. There's no way to activate with motion?

Also, the app does not allow for the LED to be turned on/off (with setting "manual") - it just won't trigger.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New IP8M-FCB2996EW-AI - motion triggered LED or app triggering??

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Sorry to hear of the issues. I don't own your camera. So I can only guess what is going on. For best results with a Amcrest camera it is best to use the WebUI for the IP camera. Bring up Chrome or Edge and type in the camera IP address. If you don't know that Ip you can look in your Routers Pool and if you don't have access to a Router Pool then you can use Amcrest Ip Tools or you can from a windows prompt type arp -a and it will list your networks IPs in use and you are looking for a Mac address that starts with 9C:8E:CD

When you find that Ip type it in the browser of your choice and it will ask you for the user and password. In there under settings (Setup) camera, Camera Configuration, IR light or Illumination is where if it is setup for manual you can move the slider from off to 100% also in the drop down menu should be options and might offer a Smart light feature. However if looking at the camera there is no option in the Event pages for the light on or off on motion then there is no option for it like that.. It might have something to do with the Panoramic ability of the camera might only work in 1 format other a dual format setup. I have a Turret Amcrest AI camera that will turn in IR at night and white light on IVS, Motion or any other event that is setup to do so..
Be Safe.
jt777

Re: New IP8M-FCB2996EW-AI - motion triggered LED or app triggering??

Post by jt777 »

Thank you for the welcome and initial thoughts.

I've done all that so I suspect this has to do with the panorama option. Hopefully it's a firmware fix as it really limits the use of the camera for my setup.