New IP4M-1053 doesn't request IP (via DHCP)

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
K6TD

New IP4M-1053 doesn't request IP (via DHCP)

Post by K6TD »

Just installed a brand new, out of the box, IP4M-1053.

Connected unit to the IP network. Camera immediately begins "patrolling". Good indication it's getting PoE, okay.

PoE switch reports the camera is pulling ~11 watts. If I disconnect the cable, the power drops and the camera stopping dead in it's patrolling.

The problem - Camera never requests an IP address via DHCP. Doesn't look like the camera ever sends any IP packets, as it's MAC address never show up in the network.

Plugged another camera into the same cable, and it works fine.

Can you help?
Thanks.
KR
t84a

Re: New IP4M-1053 doesn't request IP (via DHCP)

Post by t84a »

First thing I'd do is a reset. It may have come to you set to static IP. It shouldn't but who knows. Do you have IP Scanner on your PC or an IP scanner app?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@K6TD Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So there are a few things you can try to do... One I would try and plug different cord and into a different port on the NVR... If that don't help resolve the issue next thing would be hook up the camera to outside network area on your Local Network.. And connect up a 12v PSU to the unit and see if it makes a Request for Ip Also could use Amcrest IP software and see if it can find it....

Also don't know if you have taking the back off to install the MSD or not. Hope if you did you were not Static charged... Anyway if you did then you have seen the Reset Switch for the Camera. I would Try to reset the camera if all else fails....

If non of that works I would contact Amcrest Support over Email or Call them...

You said you bought it new? Was it from Amcrest Direct or another Amcrest Auth Dealer? At times people might say it is new when it really isn't and has info from an old user still active. At times if it is open to say the Internet over some type of install on the camera it might not show active local network traffic... Again I would try and take the Back cover off and Press the Reset switch and let the camera Reset to factory....
Be Safe.
K6TD

Post by K6TD »

Thanks guys. Bought on amazon. Yes, have IP scanner, doesn't show the camera ever showing up. I've also tried the Amcrest Pro view. It can't find it either.

I thought about the reset switch. Will press it, tomorrow.

KR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah sadly Amazon I think has more then just Amcrest Direct selling the Cameras. However if it was Amcrest and it was said to be NEW then things should be ok... Why i was asking is because sometimes people sale Junk Cameras after trying to do a FW update or maybe they tried to use a Cracked FW and Bricked the Camera... I have a POE camera that is Dead.. Sadly I can't remember what the Power on my Switch said it was running.. What is the Power that it should be running? Reason I ask is because 11 watts seems little low for the camera... 11watts at 48v POE power would be less then 1/2amp at around 228ma.. If it was only a 12v over POE then it would be just under 1amp... That don't seem like enough power to power this camera. While mine was dead it would show power use but was really low and nothing worked on the camera... Right now I have it apart with the Burnt chips out waiting for the Replacement to show up... These are some small parts lol. Couple of years out of warranty leaves me at the Repair task.. Lucky I have a good Hakko soldering station for working on SMD/SMT board.
Be Safe.
K6TD

Post by K6TD »

James - that maybe the hint I needed. The PoE injector is a a V1 PoE, limited to ~16 watts. Amcrest says they need more power than that, and to use. V2 power injector. The IEEE spec always for a power device (PD) to discover the power limit of the PSE.
Now to find the V2 PoE injector.
Thanks!

KR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome I am glad you figured it out...

Also one thing I wanted to mention on this camera... I Helped a Friend to install his and while he didn't have a power issue because the Christmas before I gave him a POE+ switch... Anyway at first when we got it all setup and did some testing... Found that only 2 of the LEDs was working lol.. That isn't the case.. They only come on with 2 at start seeing the Zoom don't need all 6 on startup only 2 start.. as you zoom in the others turn on as needed... In theory that is great deal.. However in bad thoughts first to go out will be the first 2 lol... Just wanted you to know when you get it working not to worry about only 2 ir leds. Great camera...
Be Safe.
K6TD

Post by K6TD »

Confirming...it's lack of PoE power to the device. I plugged it into the 12V DC supply provided, and it works just fine.
Haven'y found my 30W injector yet to try.

Thanks All!

KR
K6TD

Post by K6TD »

I did get a chance to connect the camera to a 60 watts PoE. Works fine. The net is - the camera may appear as if it's functional when connected to a 15 watts PoE, but, it's not.
I didn't get a chance to test of a 30 Watts PoE is enough power.

Again, Thanks All.
KR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Good to hear it is work now... If you have the ability to see what the output of your 60w like if it is a switch and shows info you might be able to find out the Output... Just remember there is extras... Like if it has a heater and blower, Or IR.. Them might not be factored in when you look... At times not all but some Cameras have the ability to turn things on for testing... SO if you had a Manageable Swith and you turn on IR, Heat, and Fan then Test the System while it is in a Pattern or Scan mode so the motors are running it will show power output... If don't have all that.. Your camera only will use the Power needed. So say if you were running only 22w no big deal on the 60w supply.. However if you needed say 34 when all is powered on a 30w wouldn't work all the time However you can trim things back like only use Day mode so the IR don't come on and things like that as well...

Happy Holidays
Be Safe
Be Safe.