New camera and Weird IP address

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
robmc5

New camera and Weird IP address

Post by robmc5 »

I ordered two new IP4M-1041;s and the first one setup easily, but I could not find the second on when searching with the NVR. I ran the Amcrest IP config utility and it found all the cameras and the new one had this for the IP address 2001:250:3000:1::1:2

I tried to modify the IP address and it keeps going back to that address, I know thats not a IPv6 address so I am not sure what to do next?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Rob
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New camera and Weird IP address

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I don't have a 1041 local to my current location however my 841V3 is a camera of the same type as your 1041 and I do have my V3 local to me. In my IP config if I look at ip6 the only one that for some odd reason has always had this enabled it has something to do with the build format. As you can see from the picture below my 841V3 is showing the same data. My guess is that is going to be the same for all others that have not made a change to the IP6 within the camera of defaulted cameras. This camera is as it says initialized aka turned on. So if you happen to be seeing only 1 in your connected devices however have 2 1041 then my guess is the camera you have online...

There is a Reset button, I would try to reset the camera that isn't connecting on IP4 and see if you can get it to come to life. If you can't then I would look into Downloading and installing IP config if you have not already to see if you can maybe find the camera on a different Network range then one you are working with. Maybe that camera was designed with a Static IP that is out of your current range and might be able to use the IP Config to make the changes needed to get it on your current IP range.
Screenshot (818).png
Screenshot (818).png (63.15 KiB) Viewed 18995 times
Be Safe.
robmc5

Post by robmc5 »

Revo, thanks for the reply. I have tried numerous resets and the same happens, it comes up with the same address and not ipv4. Here is a screenshot of the IP config screen. You can see in line 4 the camera I am having difficulty in setting up.

Attachments
Amcrest.png
Amcrest.png (187.58 KiB) Viewed 18905 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry that line 4 belongs to Line 3. You can clearly see that the Mac Address is the same between the 2 IP boxes. How can you confirm. Remove the camera with the IP ending in 129 and you will see that line 4 will also be gone. Also you can tell if you look at the SN between line 3 and 4. If you bought the camera new from Amcrest or a Amcrest Auth Reseller then I would contact them and get a replacement because that camera seems dead.

However if the camera is able to be moved. I would maybe try a different power supply and ethernet cable from a working camera and see if that cures the dead camera issue before making RMA with Amcrest. Taking from known good source will insure that it works or doesn't when connected to that location.
Be Safe.