New AD410 doorbell dies within 5 minutes

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MJPVDH

New AD410 doorbell dies within 5 minutes

Post by MJPVDH »

Specially imported an AD410 to the Netherlands / Europe and therefore had to pay a lot of import duties.

This I had all for it, but the joy was quickly over because after installation, the doorbell died and it never went on again.

I am very upset about this and assume that Amcrest will send me a new one without charge. This is really not possible.

Done everything according to the procedure and then you have this.

Then I go look on YouTube there is a video by digiblurDIY in which he has the same problem, also after 5 minutes of malfunction.

Is the quality really that bad?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New AD410 doorbell dies within 5 minutes

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So there are a few things that are not mentioned in your post so I will have to ask..

Power supply type
Install Type
Wires used

Is the Quality really that bad? I can't say that it is! I have had mine working everyday for a week now.. However I can't say that my setup for the camera is the Normal seeing I have mine setup right now as a Stand alone without a inside doorbell and I am not using the Chime kit and if that wasn't enough I am also running mine on a 12vdc supply...

Have you tried to power the doorbell camera from a Micro USB on the back of the doorbell?

My guess is this,

IF you tired to install this camera as a Stand alone with a power supply without protection and didn't choose to SKIP the area of adding a Doorbell then my guess is that the power supply is now dead...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also I am not sure if your promoting that persons youtube or what however I watched his Video that he uploaded about his AD410 and there is nothing in his video about his going offline after 5min... Love to see this Video your talking about and if that don't come about this thread might be removed..
Be Safe
MJPVDH

Post by MJPVDH »

My chime transformer is a 24v ac https://www.vekto.nl/beltrafo-15va.

There were two options in the app, one for a mechanical and one for a digital chime. I chose the digital chime.
Used wires with hard core.

I pressed the doorbell a few times after installation and then my phone went off nicely and live picture was showing.

So I just connected it nicely as indicated in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDgBMfIhgo

And Revo2Maxx I'm certainly not promoting digiblurDIY, I'm just pointing out that I have exactly the same thing and am now stuck with high costs and a broken doorbell. Seems to me you wouldn't be happy about that yourself would you?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there are a few things that you may want to try as I said...
First Check to see if you can run the camera on the USB port on the back of the camera.. I am going to guess that your camera isn't broken..

The OPTION is there to SKIP.... When you get to that portion of the setup your right it don't look like there is anything other then the 2 options HOWEVER if you look at the bottom under the 2 options it will have WIRTTEN out in a word SKIP...

So why is that important... 1 using a 24vac and using the Amcrest CHIME KIT that comes with the camera will kill the CHIME KIT... Now it will still work in a since but not 100%..

You mention that you have the same issue as the person from youtube and you give me a video from Amcrest and not the Video of them showing they have or had the same issue?

I have tested these cameras and own my share of them.. 3 of the Ad110 and a little over a Week old Ad410.. I have killed my share of Chime kits and repaired 9 in total chime kits now between my friends that killed theirs and mine that I nuked myself..

I did have a Defective Ad110 and had to have it replaced. So I do know the feeling.. I personally don't think it is a dead camera I think it is a dead power supply..

Please note. When you test a power supply without a Load it can show that there is power in some cases so it is best to test your 24vac power supply with a 24vac bulb.. Then as I said Reset the Camera using the reset button, when you get to the part in the setup (NOT IN THE APP menu after setup) it has to be during setup where you SKIP adding the chime. After the camera is added your right there is only 2 options in the app however when setting up the camera when that screen comes up there is a SKIP at the bottom of the add ringer page.

WHY DO YOU NEED TO SKIP?

Because when you setup the doorbell camera in a stand alone setting, if you don't skip the camera will in a since SHORT out any power supply that is connected if that power supply don't have a internal protection... What happens when the button is pressed, IT is causing a Dead short in a since because normally it needs to transmit voltage from the transformer to the doorbell (Chime) and when someone picks Mechanical the short is about 1 to 3 seconds if Digital is chosen and if someone changes how long to latch the camera for it can go from 3 seconds to 10 and to give a better Idea of what I am talking about you need to know what a Relay is I will try and explain it fast and dirty

When the camera is being used think of the 2 pegs on the back that has power connected to the camera as what would be called Normally Open N/O mode. However as soon as you press the button on the doorbell camera that Normally open switch now closes for how ever long for type of chime picked. that is to let power pass though the camera and make a Doorbell CHIME work. However in teh setup of the camera of the Adding of the CHIME is Skipped what will happen when the Button is pressed is Nothing the camera knows you don't want the N/O to close so it stays open and don't cause power to pass though
Be Safe
MJPVDH

Post by MJPVDH »

How many volt of the usb micro is needed to start up the AD410?
MJPVDH

Post by MJPVDH »

I did everything you said. I took the old Ezviz DB1C doorbell that works fine and took it off from the wiring.

Then connected the Amcrest AD410 to the same wiring. The Amcrest does not start up even after a reset. It looks like it really died.
Then connected the Ezviz DB1C again on the same wiring and does works fine.

What can I do now?

By the way, at the first installation it clearly says two options, at the mechanical I have not looked further, but at the digital it says that you must select it even if there is no mechanical or wireless chime present.

I followed the very poor manual that came with the system. Also the movies of Amcrest on Youtube.

Can an Amcrest employee respond to my problem?
MJPVDH

Post by MJPVDH »

I put a 5v micro usb and the device is still working!
I did a hard reset and will try further.
MJPVDH

Post by MJPVDH »

With the 5v all goes well with the 24v on the connection on the back the doorbell does nothing anymore.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Let me get back home incase you missed it here is one of my 110 at point to skip

https://youtu.be/TMnn5vywGFI

Fast video sn has been blocked from internet to anyone thinking bad thoughts lol
Be Safe