New AD410 doorbell dies within 5 minutes

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jammin

Re: New AD410 doorbell dies within 5 minutes

Post by jammin »

I have just experienced the same problem. Setup the AD410 on my bench with 16VAC power supply and it worked fine, althought the chime kit didn't work. After a short time (maybe half an hour) it is now completely dead, even with no chime connected.

It works OK on USB but that's not really an option for my use case.

Did anyone else discover a reason for this, or does it have to be returned?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will need to return it. The cameras power supply circuit is dead.

Hooking this up on the Desk requires 2 things. Don't use Chime Kit and Skip the adding of a Doorbell. If it is connected to power with Chime Kit and no Chime(Doorbell), The power supply board in the device will die. Connecting to the USB bypasses the Power Supply Circuit board. I really wish I could get my hands on one of these that is dead so I can find what the weak link is. By this time next year I should have at least one dead AD410 that was bought dead out of warranty.. I just hate to wait lol
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jammin

Post by jammin »

Thanks for the quick reply @Revo2Maxx ... luckily I bought on Amazon and they've already booked the return.

Looks like an easy trap that should be spelled out in the manual. My reason for testing on the bench is that I don't have an existing chime so was hooking up and testing a new chime, power supply and the AD410. I'll make sure that next time I test only with everything fully connected, or JUST the AD410.

I'd be interested to find out what died, but not interested enough to open the device and void my warranty! In a $149 device it seems like something they could easily avoid with some simple protection circuitry though. Maybe in the next model.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah hard to say. I said some things needed to be changed in the chime kit that was done now rather then bad chime kit its blowing up the camera. If I had to guess its going to be either a smd fuse or the bridge rectifier, either way the fix would cost more then the Chime kit repair. Yes if no chime then needs to be skipped at setup and no chime kit needed
Be Safe
Frans

Post by Frans »

I just bought the AD410 and want to install it in the Netherlands.
Has anyone a working setup without using the usb power supply.

I'm really curious what power supply I must use without frying the AD410.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Frans Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Maybe reading this thread will help
https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... +uk#p38545

Keep in mind that if your not using a Chime with normal power, 12v, 16 or 24vac please make sure to skip the Chime when you get to that option in the setup. If you don't skip it you will power brick the camera and will need to be returned for replacement...
Be Safe
Frans

Post by Frans »

thank you Revo2Maxx,

I will try to find a suitable power supply 16vac 2A, and will skip the chime step in the setup.

I hope the will work!
Frans

Post by Frans »

update from the Netherlands, Just setup the AD410 directly on a 18vac 1A supply. I disconnected the original chime and did nothing with the chime kit.
AD410 works and trough Home Assistant I have the sonos speakers play a doorbell sound when the AD410 is pressed.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hope you Skipped the adding of a CHIME in the setup. If not it won't last long with the button being pressed..

Nice to hear it is working as of now.
Be Safe
Frans

Post by Frans »

During the setup you mean adding the doorbell the Amcrest Smart Home app? During this procedure it showed a step with a video of connecting the camera, next step was the step with video of installing the chimekit it showed nowhere skip. I just hit the button to the next step. Is there still a chance I fry my doorbell?

If yes what should I do?