NAS/NFS - Connects But Won't Write Scheduled Snapshots

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rschmidt24

NAS/NFS - Connects But Won't Write Scheduled Snapshots

Post by rschmidt24 »

Amcrest_IP3M-HX2
Firmware Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.17.R.20170322.bin
3/22/17

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
nfs-kernel-server

Similar issue to this post:
https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... nfs#p16721

The NAS(NFS) is working. I can read/write from my laptop. The camera was able to connect to it since it created a directory named for the camera with the DVRWorkingDirectory file it in. However, the scheduled snapshot images are not being recorded.

Within the camera settings, I have Storage > Destination > Path > Snapshot > NAS/Scheduled checked.
Camera > Video > Snapshot > Snapshot Type:General, Interval:1S.

See Amcrest video for how it is supposed to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHh7lCa80JE
Cytomax

Re: NAS/NFS - Connects But Won't Write Scheduled Snapshots

Post by Cytomax »

Did you ever figure this out?
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I have had my cameras saving to my NAS using NFS in the past but I've found that the newest versions of the camera firmware has broken it. I now use FTP although that has it's own problems in that the file structure created by some versions of firmware are unmanageable, creating a folder for every minute of each hour.

An added complexity is that some firmware versions create the device folder name on a NAS using the camera serial number whereas later firmware is much friendlier in that respect and uses the network host filename that you create in network settings. Far easier to identify which is which.

I believe that the linked video in the old original post, shows a connection to a Synology system (could be wrong) but it isn't a WD like mine. When I did have NFS working, the share name had to be preceded by "/nfs/".

The relevant details hopefully to get a better answer are 1) What camera and firmware version you have and 2) What make of NAS you have.

The most important thing is to click save after every change you make.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Cytomax

Post by Cytomax »

I just got this working last night
Do you have
Storage > Schedule > SNAPSHOT Schedule setup correctly?
I didnt realize there was a difference between Record Schedule and Snapshot schedule
i hope this helps
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Yes I have schedules for both video and snapshots set 24/7 but for motion alerts only, video goes to SD card and snapshots to my NAS.

The point I was making was that for quite some time now there have been problems with both FTP and NFS and they vary according to what firmware version you have installed.

I see from your other post that you have now updated to a javascript firmware and I#m guessing that you resolved your problem after doing that.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Cytomax

Post by Cytomax »

honestly i was trying to get my email to send me notifications and it wasnt working so i updated the firmware to see if it would fix the problem which it didnt.. i figured it out in the end and the camera seems to still work perfectly fine with video and snapshot going to my nfs on freenas