My IP2M-841B Web View keeps doing cloud firmware upgrading

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
blu0001

My IP2M-841B Web View keeps doing cloud firmware upgrading

Post by blu0001 »

I have a 1080p camera model IP2M-841B. Since 12/29, every time I open the Wed View, a small window pops up and says: "Please note there is an important security firmware upgrade available for your device. Due to the urgent nature of this upgrade, your device will be upgraded automatically. Please do not disconnect the power or network." It has no choice other than click "OK" . Then the firmware Cloud Upgrade starts to download new firmware 2.420.AC00.10.R, 2015-12-23 and reboot the camera. Then again and again, the window keeps popping up, downloading, rebooting...
I tried to upgrade (downgrade) the firmware to 2. 420.AC00.9.R.20151121, and the problem still there and it forces me to do upgrading. Can someone help me?
cabinrob

Re: My IP2M-841B Web View keeps doing cloud firmware upgradi

Post by cabinrob »

See my post 10 minutes before yours!
At least we know that we are not the only ones with this problem.
Hopefully this will get sorted out in a hurry.
This is not good.
blu0001

Post by blu0001 »

cabinrob,
Thanks for your reply.
The weird thing is that the Amcrest Support has only firmware 2. 420.AC00.9.R online.
Oldtechy

Post by Oldtechy »

yup, ME2 /// hello??? TechSupport ?? anybody home ???
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
We apologize there is an issue after the new firmware update as the pop up stays on the web interface asking you to update firmware again. Please ignore the message as we are working on this and this would be resolved at the earliest.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

zonasteve

Post by zonasteve »

i called them about this yesterday and they told me they were working on it thats it.
im not using the cloud either and it doesnt automatically do the update i have to click on it. i did update both cameras i have. i simply work around it cause if i dont click it, the update firmware message will move itself to the background on the live view and the playback screen. however it does stay smack in the middle of the screen on the setup screen which is a pain if you want to do some setup adjustments.
Adjutor

Post by Adjutor »

I just wanted to post that I also am experiencing this issue.
banlang

Post by banlang »

I just finished update firmware on IP2M-841B from V2.420.AC00.9.R.20151121 to V2.420.AC00.10.R.20151223 after that can't rotate camera up & down anymore but still used left & right.

I did reset button behind it but can't fix, anybody please help upload old firmware to the cloud.
I want to test it coz yesterday everything still worked fine.
zonasteve

Post by zonasteve »

just to update everyone on this problem from my end.
i have 2 cameras and one of them no longer tells me there is a critical update needed anymore but the other one does.
i bought the first camera in october. this one still wants to update.
second bought in december and seems to be all set now. for now anyway.
amcrest is apparently doing something but what i dont know since they only fixed one of the two and they are both the same cams.
go figure.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,
This issue has been fixed with the latest firmware update 2.420.AC00.10.R 1/6/2016. If anyone is having this issue please try manually updating it after downloading it from https://amcrest.com/firmware
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us