My 1080P cam won't zoom or pan/tilt remotely

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
redondojoe

My 1080P cam won't zoom or pan/tilt remotely

Post by redondojoe »

Hi

I recently purchased an Amcrest 1080P wifi camera, and I had no problems setting it up from my Macbook Pro using the included CD. I was able to control the camera from the Admin. login and the camera could be both zoomed, and pan/tilted. My problems came when I downloaded the app and installed it on my Samsung Note 3. I tried both versions of the Amcrest app software (the Pro version and the lite version). I could get a live display, but the camera can't be controlled at all! I can't zoom, pan, tilt, or have any iris control whatsoever. What gives??
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: My 1080P cam won't zoom or pan/tilt remotely

Post by Melvin »

Hello redondojoe ,
Sorry to hear about the problem. Just to double check, are you enabling PTZ by clicking on the circle with four arrows on the live view screen on the app? Because the pan/tilt remains disabled otherwise.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

redondojoe

Post by redondojoe »

Yes..I push that, and I can see the blue overlay telling me to swipe, or drag in a direction, but nothing happens. The camera stays still.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
I see. Not sure whats causing this. A slow net on the phone may be. Please try hard resetting the camera. You can do this by pressing the green light button on the back of the camera for 15 seconds. The green light will then turn red and the camera will start to pan and tilt after a couple of seconds. After reset you have to setup the camera right from the beginning.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

redondojoe

Post by redondojoe »

My camera works perfectly with my I-pad (4th gen) and my MacBook Pro, but I still can't control the zoom/pan/tilt/Iris from my Samsung Android..Very frustrating.