MP4 Files not readable

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mcchico

MP4 Files not readable

Post by mcchico »

I have similar issue as other have reported but opening a new topic because the other ones dates are very old.
First of all my Wifi has full bars and when I login to the SSID it indicates 100% signal.
I record files via FTP to my NAS. The MP4 files it creates is unreadable. It plays for a few seconds (like in fast motion) and then stops. I tried Windows Media Player and also VLC media player (which plays everything !). Every MP4 is same (I can send to you the files if you want). Additionally, about 25-35% of the time it leaves the temporary MP4_ unfinished. But interesting not all the time. The video file recording is very useless at this time. I do not have this issue with other IP cameras I have from other vendors, also Wifi and also FTP to NAS.
My Camera S/N is AMC000S04SQ61YR66A and the Formware I have installed is stated below.

Software Version
2.420.AC00.15.R, build : 2016-09-08
WEB Version
ONVIF Version
S/N
AMC000S04SQ61YR66A
stevewall1

Re: MP4 Files not readable

Post by stevewall1 »

Help,

I have 4 Amcrest cameras I purchased where video works and it records to disk drive "but all the mp4 recordings can't be played at all" using Windows Media/VLC, or even QNAP surveillance station app on my wireless network. This should be a no brainer, very frustrating to deal with. I have 2 QNAP servers saving files to and the files show up. TS-451 and TS-659. I also see video working on iphone pro 12 pro max and in my browser using the ip addresses. Everything but what I need which is to review the video recorded.

I have 3 IP2M 841B cameras and 1 IP2M-841W with latest - all same issue - have upgraded firmware..

filename sample ( I changed it to test.mp4 same issue)
10.24.29-10.24.40[M][0@0][0].mp4

In VLC it just plays for few seconds and stops.

Windows Media player says encountered a problem while playing this file

In another video app I get this
Can't play. File is not playable. Might be becuase the filetype is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect or file is corrupt. 0xc00d36c4

I have events being triggered and I can't see what is going on. Please help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Not sure how you have the items being recorded? Is this something your using on the 841 recording to NAS? or you trying to watch recorded files in the Micro SD card of the camera? Is it the option of the camera being used or your NAS?

Might want to try using Amcrest Surveillance Pro to view your recorded files or DL and use Amcrest player to play the files they might have to be converted to a different format
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
stevewall1

Post by stevewall1 »

Thanks for the welcome messaage and suggestions. I got things to work on QNAP NAC surveillance station (QNAP SS made me avi recorded files), but still having issues with amcrest browser configuration solution mp4 recordings . The mp4 's recorded are not working in VLC or in Windows Media as mentioned. I don't use micro SD for storage. I will also try convesions you suggest as the avi saved format worked in Surveillance Station app in QNAP. : )