Motion Sensitivity and email alerts

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
IndyMark

Motion Sensitivity and email alerts

Post by IndyMark »

I have just installed a new QCAM NVR (model NV3108E) with 3MP POE cameras. I am trying to set my front porch camera up with motion sensitivity. I was able to set the sensitivity grid to just the part I want to monitor. It's a covered porch so it should be affected much at all by weather, etc. However, it doesn't seem to matter if I set the sensitivity to the lowest setting (1) or the highest setting (50), I still get constant email alerts when there shouldn't be any motion detected at all. I saw another thread in here referencing threshhold and dithering, but I don't seem to have those settings available on my camera unless I'm not looking in the right place.

Any ideas?
shedbuilder

Re: Motion Sensitivity and email alerts

Post by shedbuilder »

Mark, Did you hear anything back? I am having identical problem. I have two QCAM dvrs where the motion detection is useless as you described above.

I also have two of the HDCVI 1080P DVRs where the motion detection is fine but they have two parameters for setting the sensitivity while the QCAM only has one.
shedbuilder

Post by shedbuilder »

I was not able to get this to work. I am working with support to get the motion detection working reliably. It may involve a firmware update with a new threshold parameter.
Dom5881

Post by Dom5881 »

I have the same issue, I've not been able to get it to work reliably. Also the interface in the alarm setting to define the trigger zone is broken for me. When I click on a part of the image, it creates a grid offset from the position of the cursor.
Justin_144

Post by Justin_144 »

Yah the motion detection just flat out does not work properly. I don't have the Qcam NVR, but for me, the Threshold parameter is in the menu where you select the region. But I would not even waste your time with it till they put out some firmware fixes
PDorito

Post by PDorito »

Is there any firmware updates available now to fix this?
rdg64

Post by rdg64 »

Same issue...looking for afirmwear fix too...
padre2

Post by padre2 »

I've got the same system setup, and my motion detection works perfectly during the day, but seems to be on all night. I'm going to start playing with the sensitivity, but not sure which direction (higher numbers or lower numbers). It's set at the defaults of 10 for all hours. The only think I can see that might be triggering it constantly at night is bugs flying past the camera. Other than day, during the day, it works perfectly. This morning it picked up a small rabbit running through my driveway.