Motion Detection Snapshot delay

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
sl33p3r

Motion Detection Snapshot delay

Post by sl33p3r »

I have my NVR set to take a snapshot, for my front door camera, and email it to me (thanks to Melvin for helping me get that working). however, the taking of the snapshot is delayed by 10 seconds, after the motion is detected. I have the anti-dither, Delay, and Latch set to their lowest settings (5,10,1).

10 seconds is a long time, and what I typically see is a picture with no one in it because they have already moved out of frame. Is there any way to get the system to take the snapshot in less than 10 seconds?

Thanks...
John94si

Re: Motion Detection Snapshot delay

Post by John94si »

subscribed.. interested as well..
jtmpush18

Post by jtmpush18 »

Why doesn't anyone from Amcrest reply to this serious concern?
apctjb

Post by apctjb »

Having same problem with NV2104E. I get email notifications but because of delay the snapshot rarely captures the event. (Plus the snapshot attached to email are being cut off so only see 1/2 of the image).

What are the settings that I need to adjust and what are the recommended values to minimize the time it takes for a snapshot to be taken after a trigger event.
shaunmurray

Post by shaunmurray »

HA! I've wondered that too. That doesn't make much sense of a "snapshot". They should call it "ubber delay'd image". Trying to find that bird in zone 1 vs zone 4 or was it zone 2? Or was it a rabbit? Fly? AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
nvrdude

Post by nvrdude »

Absolutely ridiculous. Send a photo of 10 seconds after what caused the motion. I am starting to wonder if the burglars are paying the Amcrest developers to be sure you dont get a photo of the intruder in an email. SMH
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

dvrdude really.. I don't understand why people have to blame Amcrest or any Recorder company for the Delay in a Email. I can tell you that there is no delay when they are working to get Emails and better yet Push to my Cell phone from any of my Devices.

Now I have to admit right now for past couple of months things are not working as expected with Notices VIA Push on all my Devices. However what I can tell you is that in most cases I get a Push before the event has even finished on cars that are going up my street 30+ miles an hour. I have made Videos for proof of that fact..

However when it comes to Emails I am sorry there is just way to many things going on for you to blame Amcrest and then to make a Blunt Lie Statement about them being paid to delay your Photos lol That is just Ludicrous. When it comes to Emails there is so many things that can happen. There are many different things that can delay your getting a current email. Most times the factor is volume of email checking time between checks. I mean if your system just did a Search for an email and then lets say that your event just happened right after that check it might take minutes before you would get a notice.. That is why Push is Best and fastest option.. I have get 10 push events before I get 5 emails on same events

Best thing someone really could do if they have to have emails. Get a Email server and pay for domain and hosting. Then you can choose how fast your email checks are and there is no limit of anything outside of what you own or pay for. I mean I have not looked at my email server now for 2 weeks and I have all my systems offline to email besides a very select few that use Tripwire or alarms. I can look at the time my email server got the email to the time the event happen and it is within seconds. Plus some people do Video I choose image because of speed for the Alert. Video it has to make video then has to send to email server then server has to spool for delivery yeah just takes to long

However in Truth. Best is Push to your Cell phone again. It is almost instant and I get the alerts when they are working before a car going by a 60 foot area of space is even out of the frame on monitor and can be seen here in a video that I made 2 years ago while it was on my 2116-HS it is still this fast today on any of the Amcrest devices I own https://youtu.be/TCrH8Bz4-ak

I mean sure my Hikvision IP cameras or devices give me a Priority tag on every email and in truth I don't like it lol.. Scroll down my list of emails and come to a Red ! in the listing makes me just want to scroll past it...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I did some testing and made some changes to my system setup for testing.. I will admit that I found out something that I think is VERY odd.. While I was making the Video (new one) it was fine. As soon as I started to upload the Video this is where things get crazy. Now mind you I have a busy home. There over 50 items connected to home network over 4 routers and today 5 computers. Some FTP going on, some Video Streaming from youtube, some Game play and crazy enough as soon as I started to upload the video to youtube on my account my Notices stop even though there are cars going by I was like oh wow always happens after I make video of something it happens to me lol.. However as soon as the Video was done being uploaded notices started coming in. Current ones and Old ones not in order as you can see in Picture. Here is the Video I uploaded today. Using my AMDV8M16-H5 DVR and a 2mp TVI camera. https://youtu.be/zwWnepdPHBc

Picture of odd incoming motion delays
Screenshot_20220513-164316_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20220513-164316_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (398.8 KiB) Viewed 565 times
Be Safe
kcejo

Post by kcejo »

I'm trying to understand this 10-second delay before recording, as well. Revo2Maxx, the issue isn't getting an email 10 seconds (or however long it takes) later, the issue is starting the recording 10 seconds after the motion is detected. I've just installed a camera, so I'm a brand new user and maybe I don't understand this particular setting, but I want the camera to start recording immediately when motion is detected, not 10 seconds later! I don't care when an email is sent.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

The setting your talking about is the delay for record size. Comes set at 10 delay that is not how long before it starts. In the storage area there is a pre record area that will start the recording (default) 4sec before event
Be Safe