Motion Detection Playback is Choppy

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
aa7yy

Re: Motion Detection Playback is Choppy

Post by aa7yy »

Same problem. Three 4K cameras and a NV-4108. Struggling with this setup. Maybe 40 hours into it. Just watched a women hop 20 feet on our sidewalk. Two cameras up and one failed after 24 hours. I can not find any good documentation on the camera / record setup. I still have 20 days to box it up for the return.

I am willing to work on it, maybe some guidance on setup ? Please point me somewhere.
fbella69

Post by fbella69 »

I have the same problem on multiple IPM-841 cameras. I have a possible theory I will try to see if an idea for a fix helps. The theory is that this occurs when the SD card gets full. When it does, the camera must clear space on the SD card as it writes new files to the card. My guess is that it is trying to clear old files off of the SD card as it tries to write new ones, and this dual process overloads the cameras meager processing capabilities - and it then misses writing recorded frames to the SD card as it struggles to keep up. The same phenomena happens in video editing systems when the drive controller or storage drive can not keep up with the read/erase/write speeds needed. This is just a theory, and I will test it by installing a new SD card into the camera that is exhibiting this issue the worst.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum @fbella69

I have noticed this as well I found that format of the MSD makes thing better I am not sure but found it on most of my Amcrest cameras

Oddly I have not double checked this on my NVR however I think the same thing is going on when it is over writing a Full HDD.. When I play back I will notice footage on normal playback speed will fast forward 20 seconds some times then it will play a few to a min or so before it does it again... Never really mind just have to rewind sometimes when I wish I didn't have to to see the missing time... Now I just keep the HDD to 20% alarm goes off and I format unless I found something I needed to backup first...
Be Safe.
darylsimpson

Post by darylsimpson »

@Revo2Maxx I'm having the same issue. How do you use the MSD format? Not even sure what that is. I'll try the disc formatting too. I will return the system if I cannot utilize the entire HDD.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@darylsimpson Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So when things get kind of Icky for lack of something better to call it I Found that the little MSD that was installed in the camera was full...

Found this to be true on my 751 and my other cameras in fact I just found that after a Format the 751 that is working at Wifi has stayed connected now hummm Dang I keep forgetting that when I have connection issues over Wifi it was related to MSD too grrr...

Anyway go to the WebUI, then Setup, then storage, Destination, SD Card. Then you will want to click on the MSD it will highlight the line.. Then click the format... Then depending on what your doing this on it will reboot maybe or maybe not... However once done your card will be back to lower number used and ready to go...
Screenshot (2441).jpg
Screenshot (2441).jpg (38 KiB) Viewed 599 times
So I did a Different camera to show what it would look like to format and after it reloads with a good format because the first one I did I have to save some files first...
Screenshot (2442).jpg
Screenshot (2442).jpg (39.64 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Screenshot (2443).jpg
Screenshot (2443).jpg (37.88 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Be Safe.
JimBob

Post by JimBob »

I am having trouble with my Main Stream and Second Stream video. Sometimes I have also seen choppy video in my video files. I thought it might be my SD card so I took it out. No change.