Motion detection IP2M-841 twice daily

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Hawk

Motion detection IP2M-841 twice daily

Post by Hawk »

I'm experiencing motion detection every day at dusk and dawn (about same time). When I review the recorded video, I see a brief weak flash that triggers the alarm. I'm guessing its occurring at the night viewing switchover. Am I the only one seeing this? Is there a way prevent? I would assume the firmware would be smart enough to disable the alarm at the moment.

Help :geek:
danik56

Re: Motion detection IP2M-841 twice daily

Post by danik56 »

I have setup motion detection to a restricted region and the alarm goes off even when there is motion way outside the restricted area. very annoying.
FinickyBob

Post by FinickyBob »

Yep, very annoying indeed especially with an NVR that has a very unstable, buggy web UI Firefox plugin. For me to see the progress of the recording I have to switch back and forth between dates just to refresh the screen. If I don't do that, the bars, be it yellow or green, will not move at all.
Mark_Aardvark

Post by Mark_Aardvark »

Yes - I have seen that as well.

I avoid this by using a set schedule for switching between night and day, and also scheduling motion detect so that is is turned off for a few seconds before and and after the switch.
GreenScrew

Post by GreenScrew »

By "night viewing switchover" do you mean when the IR light turns on/off? I'm asking as a novice because I get this issue seldom but occasionally and I have the IR light disabled. I notice that at a certain level of light the camera seems to switch to black and white and it leaves me wondering if that can be disabled so that it's always in color? Is there a reason I wouldn't want to leave the camera in color mode (given that I'm not using the IR lights, I have exterior motion lights that serve my purpose)?
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Finally talked to support. They recommended lowering the sensitivity and raising the threshold until it stops alarming. It finally stopped with the following settings:

SENSITIVITY:61
THRESHOLD:26

Yes, I do mean the IR lights turning on/off when I use the term "night viewing switchover".

I didn't think scheduling the motion detection on/off for a brief period of time was a solution because dusk/dawn is constantly changing. Plus weather/clouds can further impact the amount of light entering the room through the window that would change the switchover point.

As a side note, I asked that an enhancement request be submitted for the firmware to disable motion detection when the IR kicks off or on. We'll see when/if that will occur. It's done when you are manually changing camera position, so I wouldn't think it to be that difficult to implement.
cabinrob

Post by cabinrob »

With the latest FW - I am also getting this problem.
Motion settings are as I had before. Clearly, a new bug has crept in. The camera should not sense motion when the IR filter is changed. Period.