motion detection - email alert not working

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
swampfox

motion detection - email alert not working

Post by swampfox »

Just installed the IP2M-841 camera and proceeded to "attempt" to set up email notification of motion detection. Email test worked fine and I received the test email, but when the camera detects motion I never receive any emails. It appears to me that the setup schedule never is really saved during configuration. I say this because every time I go back into the setup screen for the scheduling, it does not have my previous setup listed. Any suggestions? If I cant get this to work soon I will return this camera since this is the only function I really need it for.
JimSchuuz

Re: motion detection - email alert not working

Post by JimSchuuz »

If you are setting the schedule and it does not appear to be saving, try to use a different web browser. I have found that sometimes the form submission scripts (which is what saving those settings are using) don't work correctly with certain browsers.

Also, sometimes power-cycling the camera is necessary when the configuration web pages don't respond as expected.
Dunlapjc

Post by Dunlapjc »

I am having the exact same problem. One thing that did work is clicking the add snapshot checkbox.
Being new to the camera I wasn't sure if it was attaching a video clip that was somehow being blocked or flagged as spam? (nothing in my spam folder though).

I'm using a Gmail account/address
Oendaril

Post by Oendaril »

Was playing with this feature this morning, and it appears there doesn't seem to be a way to trigger email of video like I assumed it could do too. I believe it only supports sending a snapshot image to your email, which requires you to check send email and then snapshot. Gmail will accept videos since my last IP camera had that feature too, kinda bummed I can't find a way to get this to work here.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,
Currently the camera only supports uploading images via email. For this, you need to check the attachment option in email settings and also enable the 'Send Email' option under ' Video Detection'.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

blazer380

Post by blazer380 »

I no longer receive email notifications of motion alerts. It used to work before. I updated to the latest firmware, but still doesn't work. I've also check snapshot as well, but that didn't work either.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Did you check to see if the test email still goes through? Make sure the video detection is enabled and 'Send Email' option under video detection is enabled.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

jondoe

Post by jondoe »

Same issue, I configure both ( video as well as picture ) but nothing received.

Only email Test works fine ( I use google ).

I observed schedule setting I configured are not saved or not showing when I open. Same as above poster JimSchuuz.

Pls help!

P.S Is it possible to request log verbosity increment ? the camera log shown nothing , we want to see what is the actual error messages generated so that we can DIY from our end. Just like in linux /var/log/syslog captures in many routers and Axis IP camera.
jondoe

Post by jondoe »

It's working now!

I went into schedule config and change and save several times and also power cycled the device.

I repeat ...It's working now !
Balnacra

Post by Balnacra »

For the email alerts to work (assuming your device passes the email test and you can get a detection indication in the Alarm status window), not only must the detection schedule be defined, but also the storage/snapshot schedule must be defined consistent with the detection schedule. The two schedules need to work together.