Motion Detect -- Day and Night

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Motion Detect -- Day and Night

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So in your question your asking there is PRE-RECORD times and Post Record times that you will want to setup

On the Motion detection area the Record Delay is how long it will record so if you want to record 30 seconds after motion then put 30 there and it will be 30 and the Pre at a min.. Normally it comes set at 10seconds.. and pre is set 4 normally

Keep in mind that Anti Dither also works as a few different things but important is if you have it setup for on motion to tour ch motion is on it will tour for what the Dither is. Also that is kind of a after motion don't tell me about longer motions until after the dither so it works in a few different ways and kind of a pain to make things work always the way we want..

Edit: Also keep iin mind that NVR and DVR come now with full time record setup on both snap shots and recording first thing i would do if you didnt' already to save space is go into Storage, Schedule, Snapshot change to only motion apply then copy to all other Channels. Then go back to REC or on older machines might be Record, anyway in there where you see it says Pre Record and setup for 4 by default change that if you want but 4 works for me perfect Also in Basic area I would setup for Overwrite and don't Auto Delete because as of last time I tried it after so many days it don't delete the footage it just makes it so you don't have access to it anymore on your device so I wouldn't change that at all..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

About motion Detection you will have a Schedule under that in the Events. If you want to change a time you don't want motion detection active you can change that in events.

For Recording that just won't record the motion but if you had log or contact center and other things on motion active like push to your phone then it will still be active per the Event Schedule for Motion. I think your picture is Reflecting the Recording of Motion and that would purely be adding that to storage.
Be Safe
jakthree

Post by jakthree »

Revo2Maxx,
Thank you for the AI explanation and the picture. I think I will try turning of MD and try auudio detection on one camera. If the wind blowing across the microphone causes less falseing than bugs then maybe a step in the right direction.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I am not sure that it will work well. So What I found for me anyway and might be because most of my cameras that I installed Mics in or have them already installed there is issues with quality of Audio Detection. What works today for me on the settings always seems that tomorrow will be 1000 alerts being sent to my inbox, FTP, push and all the sorts.. Removed the outdoor cameras from all alerts only leaving them to log and as a week or so ago I have removed from being active at all. Went to look in my logs and 95% of the day logs was just Audio Alerts so no more audio alerts now I still have the mics on just don't care to be alerted. The cameras in question are IVS anyway so it was just for extra protection in a Blind spot on audio it would rotate camera over there. Now I just keep it on that area and use one of the IVS rules to ptz the camera back where i normally have it pointed..
Be Safe